Duke Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't received this secondary. It is the only one I am waiting for, other than Wake or Vandy, but those two are screening my application because I don't have an MCAT score yet.

Could Duke be waiting to send me my secondary because I don't yet have my MCAT score?

Am I able to just go to the Duke website and complete the application, kind of like Hopkins?

If so, can someone please post a link.

Why haven't I heard from them yet? I didn't think they screened.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, i just checked the list on SDN about schools that DO screen an Duke was on it. But my MSAR states that they don't.

Can someone please clear this up?

Ok, Duke does not screen secondaries. A one point they did so there is some literature out there that says secondaries are only given to select applicants, however Duke has since changed their policy (for the past 3 years I believe).

JDAD, i think you should call the admissions office and ask what's up. They are generally very nice and understanding and you definitely have a valid question. When did u submit your AMCAS? There may be a slight possibility that they are holding off till ur MCAT scores but I can't say I have heard of that.

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation behind all of this, but as in most cases the explanation is at the admissions office...hehe

good :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey... I submitted my AMCAS back in June, and I just got Duke's secondary last Friday. So maybe they are just taking their time this year... I am a reapplicant, and last year they were a little quicker on the turn around - I got the secondary in August, but they were still one of the lasts. I retook this MCATs this past August as well, so I doubt they are waiting on schools.

Maybe this helps - at least shows they haven't fallen asleep at the wheel. :)

hey there, I am a Duke med. student and after I saw this thread I stopped by the admissions and asked.

this is what i was told:

-everybody who applies gets a secondary.
-they are still processing applications and i was told that there are tons of people that they have not been able to send secondaries to yet due to the volume.
-if you applied in june/july, you should be getting it soon or should have already got it. if not, feel free to call and ask--since sometimes emails get lost because of spam control.

hope this helps, good luck.

jayjay1978 said:
hey there, I am a Duke med. student and after I saw this thread I stopped by the admissions and asked.

this is what i was told:

-everybody who applies gets a secondary.
-they are still processing applications and i was told that there are tons of people that they have not been able to send secondaries to yet due to the volume.
-if you applied in june/july, you should be getting it soon or should have already got it. if not, feel free to call and ask--since sometimes emails get lost because of spam control.

hope this helps, good luck.

I submitted my AMCAS last week and got the secondary today.