Duke Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

envelope

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMG what a pain in the butt, we have to write like so many essays....within two weeks?!

does anyone know what happens if you don't make the two week deadline? do they REALLY disqualify you?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no reason not to make the two week deadline. I finished it the day I received it. Whoever is unable to fill out a few measly essays in two weeks during the summer is going to have major issues during medical school. Duke should disqualify applicants who can't make the deadline.

Originally posted by envelope
OMG what a pain in the butt, we have to write like so many essays....within two weeks?!

does anyone know what happens if you don't make the two week deadline? do they REALLY disqualify you?

They dont disqualify you, they just dont consider you as seriously Id imagine. Definitely try and get it in within the two week period.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the posts...it's hard when you are working more than full time and have little to time to spend on essay writing...advice for next year applicants, don't take on too much during the summer you are applying =)

Originally posted by Squat n Squeeze
There is no reason not to make the two week deadline. I finished it the day I received it. Whoever is unable to fill out a few measly essays in two weeks during the summer is going to have major issues during medical school. Duke should disqualify applicants who can't make the deadline.

So you mean you sent it today? I believe today was the first day they sent the application invitations. :laugh:

Actually I ran into this dilemma last year...They gave me my secondary 2 weeks before the aug mcats...ya right i'm gonna work on the novel they ask you to write instead of studying for the mcats.

So i called them and asked them if their deadline was firm. They said it wasn't and thats just what they write so people will be prompt in returning their applications. if you don't get your application in in 2 weeks it doesn't count against you they said. just make sure you get it in asap.

thanks uclaman...that helps a lot....comforting words are always good =) good luck to ya all duke applicants!

Can someone please post the URL of the secondary. My e-mail is down, and I cannot access it. Thanks!

Man, what a troll SS is.

Essay writing take 5+ drafts to be anywhere near polished. Otherwise the essays will read as jagged as rock cliffs, even if they have the occasional good point.

That would take at the very least 3-5 days of concentrated work, even if you're a master writer.