Duke vs. Northwestern!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

6b1l4u8e5

anything is possible.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts/ suggestions/ comments/ advice is most welcome! I am definitely leaning towards one school, but I want to be 110% certain that I'm making the right decision. Thanks for reading this!

Members don't see this ad.

Duke! Check out the duke thread (not the basketball-related one). Lots of MS1s have posted there about our experiences so far. But we can tell you more about it here if you'd like. We all love it here. Third year is a huge bonus, elective time in your rotations 2nd year, overall very supportive class, great administration, cheap cost of living, etc etc. Any specific you want to know, check out the thread or ask here and we'd be happy to help.

choose duke. it's a better school, and u won't be paying 5 million dollars a month for rent on michigan ave.

Members don't see this ad :)
NW location is much better in my opinion, although if you're into research Duke is a better choice w/ their whole year devoted to it. I'd choose NW.

Thanks, everyone. =) Any more out there with advice? Comments?

i think it's a no-brainer to go to duke, unless n'western gives you some scholarships or something

It's not a no-brainer. Location matters especially for 4 years.

granted chicago>>durham, but it is warmer down here. however, i think duke's rep makes it a relatively easy decision, unless location is your top priority i guess

I think Duke is a better school with better research and a better curriculum. Chicago wins in the location department for most people [not me...but I HATE the cold]. The way I look at location is that if you want a great location, move to Hawaii and work on the beach selling T-shirts or something. If you want to go to med school, go to the best place possible [assuming other major things like $$ are equal].

Great! Thank you, everyone -- for your advice/comments. I think I've made a final decision. :cool:

don't hold us in suspense...what is your decision??!!