i'm in there...

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
I've posted this on two other Duke-related threads, but I have yet to hear back post interview. :laugh:

Probably a rejection--waitlist at best. If waitlisted, I probably don't plan to hold my spot.

G'luck! :luck:

ftbstep

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
north carolina
Status
Add me to the list...and btw, I emailed them the other day concerning updated transcripts and all that jive, and they told me that the waitlist wouldnt begin to move until later in the spring....so they said just to hang in there and gut it out!

muchlove

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2005
NC
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
The waitlist is where are the cool kids are. I'm there :laugh:

fashiondoc

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2005
Status
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? or how long the waitlist usually is?

TommyGunn04

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Durham, NC
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
fashiondoc said:
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked? or how long the waitlist usually is?
Do a search...this question has been "answered" dozens of times, although I think it's pretty safe to say that no one really knows much of anything about Duke's waitlist, since they're so secretive. As I've said before, even my classmates who are actually ON the admissions committee remain in the dark about how it all works, so it's anyone's guess at this point.

That said, the list WILL definitely move, unless the ad com made a huge mistake and offered too many initial acceptances (which is highly unlikely, as it would be a VERY costly mistake for the university)...so now it's just a question of how much movement will occur. Unfortunately this means more waiting for all of you, as the movement most definitely won't occur until May 15th (and it will most likely begin ON that exact day, as they will definitely need to draw at least a few from the list). I hope that helps, although I'm sure it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Scrubz67

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
Status
Can anyone safely verify that Duke overshoots acceptances? (i.e. they initially give out >100 acceptances knowling full well that a bunch will drop?)

Sorry if this has been answered. I recall hearing about 150 or so acceptances were given out this year...so that means at least 51 people have to withdraw before anyone of us here see some action! Come on people, head to Harvard!

Tra La La

Motorcycle Dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Caleefornia
Status
I GOT ACCEPTED!!!

To the waitlist. :laugh: