Duke your secondary made me want to P%uk

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Loki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Man the Duke Secondary is extensive to say the least.

Interesting, however, I'm actually learning some things about myself. Well, I mean other than the fact that I'm prone to Carple Tunnel Syndrome as a result of typing so many essays<g>

21 secondaries down...four to go...and then the next batch will be rolling in I'm sure/

Members don't see this ad.

What I'm learning about myself is that my standards are slipping. I did the majority of the Duke secondary in like 2.5 hours (1st drafts), and all I have left is the stem cell essay. I just don't have time to finesse these #$%& essays anymore!

If you think Duke is bad, try filling out Rush or USC. Far, and I mean far too many blippy little essays (I think Rush has at least 10!), and I don't have the time for that with NWern and Loyola secondaries coming due.

Argh! :mad:

Duke is one of the two secondaries I decided not to do...the other one is Yale. It's like an early birthday present for myself or something. :) I just couldn't see being able to write answers for it that were coherent enough to justify paying yet another secondary fee. My eyes started glazing over reading the second essay section... good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I decided not to do the Duke secondary as well. Maybe I am weird, but the whole appication just seemed...I don't know...SNOOTY and uppity. I just don't think that school would be right for me even if I did get in (which is not likely.)

hey i'm not applying to Duke, but just curious what these crazy essay questions are. i've heard so much ranting about them! can someone post the q's?