Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProdigyMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the average USMLE Step 1 score for Duke?

Members don't see this ad.

i heard that it's the second highest. penn has the highest avg score. but i heard this from duke admissions so i don't know if it's true.

Members don't see this ad :)
average shmaverage... just look at the match list

Where is Duke's match list?

somewhere between 230 and 235 if I recall correctly

Yeah its around there. i don't know if the match list is available online... ? It's posted in our student affairs office though....

Yeah its around there. i don't know if the match list is available online... ? It's posted in our student affairs office though....

there was just a map pinned with matches if i remember right from interview day. i dont remember a list form. if there is one i'd also like to see it.

wasn't someone saying how mayo's avg score was 238 or something? there's something fishy going on around here....

wasn't someone saying how mayo's avg score was 238 or something? there's something fishy going on around here....

i heard 1.penn 2.duke in terms of usmle.

ive also heard UF being in the top 5 for step 1. ive also heard stanford having the highest step 1.

i wish they just published the data.

there was just a map pinned with matches if i remember right from interview day. i dont remember a list form. if there is one i'd also like to see it.

That map is a map of where the med students come from. The match list is upstairs in the CTL area.......

That map is a map of where the med students come from. The match list is upstairs in the CTL area.......

hah. i guess i dont remember right. is there a matchlist available on the web?

hah. i guess i dont remember right. is there a matchlist available on the web?

Not that I know of. If there were some REALLY nice Duke students they might compile a list....

I don't believe there's a matchlist online. If you come to 2nd look weekend, there's a list in the student affairs office (not admissions). I really wouldn't worry too much about having to see it, though...many students got into competitive specialties and many placed at great places. I believe something like 33-38 people out of 109 matches (including some deferred matches) stayed at Duke.

When is the Duke second look weekend anyway?

When is the Duke second look weekend anyway?

Please post these ?s on the actual Duke thread. It is like 8 pages long. We are all over there waiting for you.

Okay questions....

1. Is there a Duke class of 2011 thread yet? I searched to no avail, but I was afraid of starting one. SDNers get quite flame-y over redundancy. :p

2. Requirements: It looks like Duke requires one year of calc. Does anyone know if that is college calc, or if AP credit counts too? And is 10 units (not credits) enough?

Okay questions....

1. Is there a Duke class of 2011 thread yet? I searched to no avail, but I was afraid of starting one. SDNers get quite flame-y over redundancy. :p

2. Requirements: It looks like Duke requires one year of calc. Does anyone know if that is college calc, or if AP credit counts too? And is 10 units (not credits) enough?

The Duke Class thread is in the Allo class threads section. It's not in the pre-allo forum. Also, as far as question 2, you are already into Duke so obviously the answer to your question doesn't matter.

The Duke Class thread is in the Allo class threads section. It's not in the pre-allo forum. Also, as far as question 2, you are already into Duke so obviously the answer to your question doesn't matter.

Actually, it does matter. If you don't fulfill the requirements of a school, they may not let you enroll, or you may have to finish the requirements over the summer. I don't know about the calc thing, but you may want to call admissions and ask. They will require you to send a final transcript to make sure everything is in order before you can enroll.