• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

byong_soo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2004
CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i heard that it's the second highest. penn has the highest avg score. but i heard this from duke admissions so i don't know if it's true.

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
www.espn.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
somewhere between 230 and 235 if I recall correctly

About the Ads

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Yeah its around there. i don't know if the match list is available online... ? It's posted in our student affairs office though....

there was just a map pinned with matches if i remember right from interview day. i dont remember a list form. if there is one i'd also like to see it.

crimsonkid85

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. MD/PhD Student
wasn't someone saying how mayo's avg score was 238 or something? there's something fishy going on around here....

Stolenspatulas

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
wasn't someone saying how mayo's avg score was 238 or something? there's something fishy going on around here....

i heard 1.penn 2.duke in terms of usmle.

ive also heard UF being in the top 5 for step 1. ive also heard stanford having the highest step 1.

i wish they just published the data.

Dookter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 21, 2005
Status (Visible)
there was just a map pinned with matches if i remember right from interview day. i dont remember a list form. if there is one i'd also like to see it.

That map is a map of where the med students come from. The match list is upstairs in the CTL area.......

MrBurns10

Excellent, Smithers
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
www.espn.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I don't believe there's a matchlist online. If you come to 2nd look weekend, there's a list in the student affairs office (not admissions). I really wouldn't worry too much about having to see it, though...many students got into competitive specialties and many placed at great places. I believe something like 33-38 people out of 109 matches (including some deferred matches) stayed at Duke.

MSTPDad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
When is the Duke second look weekend anyway?

yomama'sdoctor

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Okay questions....

1. Is there a Duke class of 2011 thread yet? I searched to no avail, but I was afraid of starting one. SDNers get quite flame-y over redundancy. :p

2. Requirements: It looks like Duke requires one year of calc. Does anyone know if that is college calc, or if AP credit counts too? And is 10 units (not credits) enough?

FemalesCANTDriv

LMAO
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2006
Where I go to school
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Okay questions....

1. Is there a Duke class of 2011 thread yet? I searched to no avail, but I was afraid of starting one. SDNers get quite flame-y over redundancy. :p

2. Requirements: It looks like Duke requires one year of calc. Does anyone know if that is college calc, or if AP credit counts too? And is 10 units (not credits) enough?

The Duke Class thread is in the Allo class threads section. It's not in the pre-allo forum. Also, as far as question 2, you are already into Duke so obviously the answer to your question doesn't matter.

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
The Duke Class thread is in the Allo class threads section. It's not in the pre-allo forum. Also, as far as question 2, you are already into Duke so obviously the answer to your question doesn't matter.

Actually, it does matter. If you don't fulfill the requirements of a school, they may not let you enroll, or you may have to finish the requirements over the summer. I don't know about the calc thing, but you may want to call admissions and ask. They will require you to send a final transcript to make sure everything is in order before you can enroll.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.