DUKE'S SCREWED UP SECONDARY...Can someone please help ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medbound786

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright......I did a search for the problem of saving changes to the application...and I did what they recommend.....Tools, Settings, click Every visit to the page and OK.......it still doesn't work....I hit save changes and it comes back as an empty field page....my answers don't show up.

Can someone with any knowledge on this pleeeeeeeese help !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Medbound786 said:
Alright......I did a search for the problem of saving changes to the application...and I did what they recommend.....Tools, Settings, click Every visit to the page and OK.......it still doesn't work....I hit save changes and it comes back as an empty field page....my answers don't show up.

Do they have a help section? I would try that first, and if there isn't any additional advice perhaps you should contact them. I had the same problem, but adjusting the way you mentioned (Tools, Settings, etc) fixed it right away. Have you been typing into it from different computers? I don't know how that might affect things, but you never know.

just wait about 5 minutes, log off the site and log back on, you'll see you're changes saved ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe try a different browser - I used Mozilla Firefox and never had a single problem. Good luck! Duke is sweeet.

Hey guys

I tried waiting five minutes, log off an then back on. I also used Mozilla. Tried using other computers. But the problem is still there. Target remains. I repeat....target remains !

Medbound786 said:
Hey guys

I tried waiting five minutes, log off an then back on. I also used Mozilla. Tried using other computers. But the problem is still there. Target remains. I repeat....target remains !

yup...i can get same problems, different browsers, different computers...

Medbound786 said:

Try calling Wendy Ellwell in the admissions office and she sould direct you to the right person, Saeed who is in charge of the web site and the admissions data base.

IZZY

I also had this problem with the Duke secondary. I sent a message to the technical help on the help page and never heard back. After a few days I went back to the page, and amazingly, I found all my answers there! So I submitted it without delay. Maybe just give it a couple days, technical crap like that seems to fix itself a lot.

Medbound786 said:

I remember this happening (and I cut and paste my answers several times thinking they kept on disappearing).

If I recall correctly, clicking the links to different sections (e.g. Community Service) when you get to the "Application verification" section (just before you pay), you will find the answers intact.

However, if you click on the main category listings on the right hand side (which appear to be the most obvious way to access your previous entries), everything is blank!

Therefore, the most obvious links are faulty. Try going to the verification section, and clicking on your links from there.