dumb but quick AMCAS question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KittycooMD

Caffeine is my friend
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In order to create a username and login they have you fill in your name, SSN, etc.
Then there's the address part, which is my question. My parents live in CA and I grew up there, so I want to declare it as my resident state for the UC system. CURRENTLY though, I live in Washington, DC so any mail for me gets sent by the post office to DC.
For this initial make a username page, do I put my current address or my "home state" address?
Yeah I know, dumb question but I don't wanna f***k up my chances for UC system!

Members don't see this ad.

KittycooMD said:
In order to create a username and login they have you fill in your name, SSN, etc.
Then there's the address part, which is my question. My parents live in CA and I grew up there, so I want to declare it as my resident state for the UC system. CURRENTLY though, I live in Washington, DC so any mail for me gets sent by the post office to DC.
For this initial make a username page, do I put my current address or my "home state" address?
Yeah I know, dumb question but I don't wanna f***k up my chances for UC system!
they'll ask you later on to indicate your state of residency. that's where you'd list your home state address. the address you list initially is your current and/or school address. for some people (like me), the state of my current address and my home state are the same. however, for most ppl in school, their home state is wherever their parents live, and their current address is their school (which may/may not be in another state).

not a dumb ?...a legitimate one. but basically, put your local address in the address box. then when it asks for state of residency, say CA.

Thank you Scentimint! I've been out of school for a couple years now, so I hope the CA residency still applies...
Your avatar always makes me smile. It's damn cute :D

Members don't see this ad :)
KittycooMD said:
Thank you Scentimint! I've been out of school for a couple years now, so I hope the CA residency still applies...
Your avatar always makes me smile. It's damn cute :D
no problemo...:)

the CA residency should still apply if you file your taxes as a CA resident and if you still have a CA license and voter registration.

In addition to the "what is your state residency" scroll down, there's also a section to put your contact/local address and your permanent address. So, since residency is determined partially by permanent address, they'll have that.