W

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted921900

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can get the IA removed, otherwise you will have to explain this to adcoms on your application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
It says the situation was failure to comply, disorderly conduct, and misuse of property. This first part of it could have been so easily avoided if I just gave him my ID. Also I forgot to add it basically said "you were caught by an RA performing inappropriate behavior and you were rude and uncooperative during the process after he asked for the ID"

My non-ADCOM opinion:

As a freshman, and mediocre IA's, I'm inclined to think that your chances are fine at medical school as long as you don't earn any more IA's in the future. Those IA's at 18 shouldn't be lethal.

Reactions: 2 users
See if you can get the IA removed, otherwise you will have to explain this to adcoms on your application.

He has to report an IA even if it is removed:
  • Institutional Action: Medical schools need to know if you were ever the recipient of any institutional action resulting from unacceptable academic performance or a conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment, require you to withdraw, or does not appear on your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition.
https://students-residents.aamc.org...cle/sections-1-3-your-background-information/

Reactions: 2 users
This sort of thing is not likely to be lethal. We were all dumb freshman at one time and we know that (most) people grow out of their immature behavior and become suitable candidates for medical school admission in terms of maturity.

Reactions: 3 users
During the first month of my freshman year in college me and this girl decided it would be a good idea to have "fun" in a study room, and I used the wrong head to decide what to do. No one actually saw us but someone figured what was going on, we had the RA come and talk to us and in the moment I was immature and nervous since this was the first time I had ever been in trouble. Along with that I didn't cooperate right away by not giving him my name, since I was worried about how this would impact my future medical school chances. I did after a little bit of time passed though give him the information he needed (I really regret not just doing it right away). I am wondering how this situation will impact my chances. I have not been in any trouble or did anything dumb like that ever since and have done much better both academically and personally ever since.
Well, this is a novel one!
You have to report it and the only schools that would give you grief about it are LUCOM and Loma Linda.

Reactions: 3 users
He has to report an IA even if it is removed:
  • Institutional Action: Medical schools need to know if you were ever the recipient of any institutional action resulting from unacceptable academic performance or a conduct violation, even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment, require you to withdraw, or does not appear on your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition.
https://students-residents.aamc.org...cle/sections-1-3-your-background-information/

Interesting, I stand corrected.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh man..if I got an IA for every time I had “fun” somewhere inappropriate on campus...

Disclose it and give the adcom a chuckle.
But stay out of trouble because multiple IAs (even silly ones) show a pattern

definitely mention it to schools, but I'm pretty sure adcoms won't care if it is a one time thing. Doctors are people too and they make mistakes like this, even in residency and beyond... not a huge deal

Status
Not open for further replies.