dumb question about filling out activities/ ps in amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

no beans

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to work on writing my activities and ps in the form I would like to submit them in my amcas application. I seem to remember there is some problem some people had with cutting/pasting in their ps or activities in the application. Am I making this up? I think some people had an issue when they pasted them in, some appeared in a nonsensical form once submitted or printed. Is there a particular format it has to assume? I'm just writing them in microsoft word. Advice please. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recall having any problems c/ping into AMCAS. :) I typed it in Word 2007. Just go over your PS and activities a couple times after pasting to make sure there aren't any weird formatting issues.

I'm starting to work on writing my activities and ps in the form I would like to submit them in my amcas application. I seem to remember there is some problem some people had with cutting/pasting in their ps or activities in the application. Am I making this up? I think some people had an issue when they pasted them in, some appeared in a nonsensical form once submitted or printed. Is there a particular format it has to assume? I'm just writing them in microsoft word. Advice please. :oops:
Use a notepad type program, something that is plain text, or write it in Word and copy into notepad to ensure the formatting is not messed up, then move from notepad to the application.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are getting way ahead of yourself by several months, but once you copy/paste into AMCAS, then go to the "Print application" option from the main menu and view the PDF version (not the HTML one) to make sure that everything looks normal. If it looks fine, then you're good.

You are getting way ahead of yourself by several months, but once you copy/paste into AMCAS, then go to the "Print application" option from the main menu and view the PDF version (not the HTML one) to make sure that everything looks normal. If it looks fine, then you're good.

So you and the mightysmiter copied/pasted from microsoft word and it worked out ok? All I need to do is view the PDF version on the 'print application' option? Thanks so much.:)