Dumb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tvcker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dumb.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd take that down... I wouldn't want that doc to see her letter online.

but congrats!!!!!:D

Congrats. But you should really blot out the personal info.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I were you, I'd take that down... I wouldn't want that doc to see her letter online.

but congrats!!!!!:D
Youre right haha, i took it down, i was just so excited :D

I don't understand how the current generation of 20-somethings is so clueless about posting personal information online. I expect that from great grandma Irene, not people in their 20's. I feel like maybe I'm missing something.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand how the current generation of 20-somethings is so clueless about posting personal information online. I expect that from great grandma Irene, not people in their 20's. I feel like maybe I'm missing something.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc...nuff said.

Reactions: 1 users
Alright well excitement is gone, lesson learned :/

Reactions: 1 user
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc...nuff said.
I mean, I get that to some extent, but I guess I also feel like a lot more 20-somethings are aware of the bad sides of the internet (scams, impersonation, etc) than older generations, so I'd expect they'd be a little more security-conscious. I guess social media outweighs that, though.

I started using the internet at the age of 7 and thankfully my parents told me since a young age not to display my information publicly on the internet.

Always expect the worse even if the worst is likely not to happen.

It's human nature to be social, to share, to get reaffirmation, to be recognized... Zuckerberg and other social media CEO's tapped into these psychological needs and were smart enough to create platforms to satisfied these needs. Along with the benefits to connect, there are the consequences that bad elements will take advantage of.

The more citizens share on these platforms, the more Facebook stock and others go up, and the richer Zuckerberg and his bedfellows become by selling the personal info to advertisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.