Dynamic Application Tracker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MpXnpio

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDN Friends,

In a very successful attempt at putting off writing secondary essays, I made this sweet excel sheet to help me keep track of the status of all my applications. Then I thought, "Maybe other people would also find this useful/distracting." So I put it up online here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?evqpv17j70olmgm

It's an excel sheet, and uses two macros (so be sure to have them enabled!). Unfortunately, I think you need to have Excel 2007 to use it because of the conditional formatting. I haven't tried it in 2003 though, so I guess I don't really know. Anyway, enjoy!

PS- I first posted this a few days ago in some school specific threads, but I have found and fixed many bugs since then. There are probably more bugs still, and I will fix them when I find them or when someone alerts me about them.

Members don't see this ad.

what are your macros?

sorry just need to check before i open any unverified scripts =)

what are your macros?

I'm not entirely sure how to answer this question. I wrote them both myself, and they only run when you click one of the two buttons on the spreadsheet. I promise they won't do anything funny to your computer; they are just used to add and remove schools from your list. I guess you'll just have to trust me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not entirely sure how to answer this question. I wrote them both myself, and they only run when you click one of the two buttons on the spreadsheet. I promise they won't do anything funny to your computer; they are just used to add and remove schools from your list. I guess you'll just have to trust me :)

hmm... isn't this what mdapps is/can be for?

Does it just list your schools and numbers for you? What do the buttons actually do? If it could acquire your status from the web, that would be helpful...

Yeah it doesn't do all that fancy stuff. Maybe if I was a better programmer then it would, but I'm a novice. I just wrote this thing in a couple hours, and although it does do something similar to MDApps, I find it useful because the colors help me keep track of where I'm at with each application with a quick glance. For example, if I scroll down and don't see any yellow then I know I don't have anything to do. Anyway, take it or leave it. Peace.