dysfunctional relationships in dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bu_dentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it just me, or do you guys at other schools see a prevalence of dysfunctional, long term relationships amongst your female classmates? also, do most of the girls have security issues and latch onto random boyfriends?

Members don't see this ad.

bu_dentist said:
is it just me, or do you guys at other schools see a prevalence of dysfunctional, long term relationships amongst your female classmates? also, do most of the girls have security issues and latch onto random boyfriends?
If this thread survives even 24 hours before I have to close it, I'll consider it direct miraculous evidence that God exists.

I have no answer to the OP's question. When I saw the title, the first thing that popped into my head was occlusal relationships. Thank you fixed pros.

Members don't see this ad :)
bu_dentist said:

I've been "stuck" in one now for almost 12 years :scared: :laugh: :eek: :rolleyes: :p :D

aphistis said:
If this thread survives even 24 hours before I have to close it, I'll consider it direct miraculous evidence that God exists.

What does this have to do with your belief in goD's existence?

adamlc18 said:
I have no answer to the OP's question. When I saw the title, the first thing that popped into my head was occlusal relationships. Thank you fixed pros.

hahaha. :D

bu_dentist said:

there is one female relationship in our class...but I wouldn't call it dysfunctional....I call it beautiful...and would like to watch :D

bu_dentist said:

Hhmmm. Not so far. There are a couple of girls that love to skip class and 'work the corner' by Wharton in hopes of snagging the next Trump....

adamlc18 said:
Wow, man...you've gotta put down that book and get out a little more...

adamlc18 said:
Yeah, d-school will do that to you. The other day, after waxing the lingual half of a maxillary canine for 2 hours, I was driving home and looked at the mountains and they all looked like teeth to me. And then in the hot tub a sign said "Max occupancy 10" and I seriously thought it meant maxillary occupancy.

You guys are nerds. Lesbos rule. Lesbos are proof that god loves us ;)

Zurik5 said:
You guys are nerds. Lesbos rule. Lesbos are proof that god loves us ;)

...and a hearty....AMEN, brother..... :thumbup:

I don't know...I've never figured out the fascination with lesbians. If some chick is munchin rug it means they're not interested in me.

Members don't see this ad :)
bu_dentist said:

totally.

USUaggie said:
Yeah, d-school will do that to you. The other day, after waxing the lingual half of a maxillary canine for 2 hours, I was driving home and looked at the mountains and they all looked like teeth to me. And then in the hot tub a sign said "Max occupancy 10" and I seriously thought it meant maxillary occupancy.

LOL. And I thought I was the only dental nerd. You beat me to it!

As the seemingly lone girl on this thread, let me just say......oh please. What about all the arrogant tools WE have to deal with??! :rolleyes:

Now, this is an interesting question overall, but it may not have much to do with the dentistry.

In my opinion, I believe that sometimes woman gets quagmired in relationships with man for too long, say 3, 4 or even 6 years. I asked them why, and often it is because the status quo is comforting, and they rather just remain in a safe relationship that isn't working out then going out to explore new relationships.

Now, from a man's perspective, the man who has a girlfriend for too long, and yet not commiting to a marriage is being irresponsible and somewhat selfish. They ought to know that there is a limited range to a woman's youth, and that the man shouldn't be with a woman for more than a few years, and not progressing to marriage.

However, if both parties feel like that they are fine with long term relationships that doesn't lead to anything, then that's fine, do whatever they want to do.

My statements may be opnionated, so I apologize beforehand. I do love to hear what you guys have to say though. Prove me wrong.

bu_dentist said:

there are lots of dysfunctional PEOPLE in general in dental school.

toofache32 said:
I don't know...I've never figured out the fascination with lesbians. If some chick is munchin rug it means they're not interested in me.
Not necessarily! The apparent lack of interest in you probably has more to do with your appearance than a lack of interest in men. :)

Let me break down the fascination...I'm a man of numbers. Two women have twice the nakedness of one. Three, even better. Four starts to get a little busy, because you just can't look at everything at once...

tx oms said:
Four starts to get a little busy, because you just can't look at everything at once...
Of course, this is where video replay comes into play...

tx oms said:
Not necessarily! The apparent lack of interest in you probably has more to do with your appearance than a lack of interest in men. :)
I don't get it. How can any woman resist this:

toofache32 said:
I don't get it. How can any woman resist this:

holy crap is that you :eek:

bro, u need to shave and get a hair cut....o/w you'll scare away your patients

toofache32 said:
I don't get it. How can any woman resist...
I just realized that I posted under TXOMS today at the clinic. I wish I would have realized that I was on his account while I was on it...

vaio said:
holy crap is that you :eek:

bro, u need to shave and get a hair cut....o/w you'll scare away your patients
No way baby....the girls can't get enuff of dis.