Dystopia/Apocalypse WW signups - 1st game of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't like most dystopian stuff because it never made sense to me why people would fight so much to stay alive in it lol

Sorry, nope, no interest in setting up a commune with no medicine where we can either die of tetanus or a zombie attack. I'll just let the lord take me

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I don't like most dystopian stuff because it never made sense to me why people would fight so much to stay alive in it lol

Sorry, nope, no interest in setting up a commune with no medicine where we can either die of tetanus or a zombie attack. I'll just let the lord take me
My friends joke that they only keep me around so that when we have the apocalypse they’ll have a doctor.
I’m a psych resident. :cautious:
I can at least give you some medicine that makes it more tolerable to be fighting against death I guess? :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
My friends joke that they only keep me around so that when we have the apocalypse they’ll have a doctor.
I can at least give you some medicine that makes it more tolerable to be fighting against death I guess? :shrug:
That would be important, think of all the horrors people might have to deal with just to survive

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I would hope you could at least do like an irrigation and simple interrupted closure lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
My go-to shows are good omens and supernatural but those are really more about preventing the apocalypse, not living after its already happened 😆

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I would hope you could at least do like an irrigation and simple interrupted closure lol
Sure. I might remember how to do a correct suture now since I left medical school?

but 5 or 10 years for now? I guess I’ll just sew em up like a hem on pants.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

you understand.

• Haha
  • Love
That's what my friends say too lol. I can sew you up but I'm not gonna know correct dosing lol

Walking Dead really elevated vets in a zombie apocalypse lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, I'm keeping you around to keep me from being a complete disaster until I let the lord take me. So you gotta hang out for like 8 hours max

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I can probably troubleshoot my way through some of the human medicine. We're all meatsacks in the end, right?

**note that I will not include slaughter in my treatment plans but euthanasia is still on the table**

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
I’ll be 3P Nick Cafe from “Knowledge” (awful movie). Or any role that lets me enact deus ex machina in some obscene way. Also, Jericho was supposed to be really good for a while.

but I always thought of you as a friend :(

And I’ll gladly murder you buddy :)

• Haha
  • Wow
thank you for calling this out. I wanted to, but there seems to be this attitude here that noobs should give vets some reverence.
There's no sentiment like that. Some people have very strong personalities and will state things as fact or assert their beliefs as an almost absolute (I'm guilty of it too) but its all just personal experience and whatever. You don't have to (and shouldn't) just defer/respect a veteran.

Maybe where cray said we shouldn’t yeet stagg D1 because he’s a vet?
I know this is semi-game related but I'm responding to it here so you know my game affiliation isn't coloring this:

Over time you'll get into a groove of working well with a few players, a lot of times this comes from manator-manatee families so Cray saying lets not D1 vote one of her "family" isn't saying lets not vote him off because he's a veteran.

We want fresh blood new players because we enjoy you.

• Haha
  • Care
There's no sentiment like that. Some people have very strong personalities and will state things as fact or assert their beliefs as an almost absolute (I'm guilty of it too) but its all just personal experience and whatever. You don't have to (and shouldn't) just defer/respect a veteran.

I know this is semi-game related but I'm responding to it here so you know my game affiliation isn't coloring this:

Over time you'll get into a groove of working well with a few players, a lot of times this comes from manator-manatee families so Cray saying lets not D1 vote one of her "family" isn't saying lets not vote him off because he's a veteran.

We want fresh blood new players because we enjoy you.
I agree with this, and I am being a big dick in some way to the noobs. I used to be a lot nicer and I used to post more links to game strat and I was a gentler teacher, I think.

I will say, there is a lot to learn and people absolutely should consider experience and general game strategy from vets.

But I will say Pippy was right about fresh eyes, and noobs should trust their gut.

👀 what kind of externships you lookin for??

My bad for getting us off-topic. 🤣Rural Large Animal but I think I secured it today so I have that as a personal win.

• Love
My bad for getting us off-topic. 🤣Rural Large Animal but I think I secured it today so I have that as a personal win.
That’s why I moved to the sign up thread since I’m not playing and it’s off topic haha

Couldn't help you with LA :laugh:
If you need any small animal recommendations I know a couple places who do externships :laugh:

I won a game as a wolf announcing my (true) acceptance on thread :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I was wolfing when I got my acceptance too.
hmmm suspicious.
so can someone mod a game and make me a wolf during match week? Starts 3/15 with finding out IF you matched, and ends with 3/19 find out WHERE you matched. Thanks in advance!

Future villagers of that WW game, pay no attention to this. I too am village.

• Haha
so can someone mod a game and make me a wolf during match week? Starts 3/15 with finding out IF you matched, and ends with 3/19 find out WHERE you matched. Thanks in advance!

Future villagers of that WW game, pay no attention to this. I too am village.
I'll play that game with you

• Love
This is very much non-game related, so I'm putting it here, but can I just say that I'm still enraged about the final 2 seasons of GoT? I loved those books and the show, and then it was a freaking trainwreck.

• Sad
This is very much non-game related, so I'm putting it here, but can I just say that I'm still enraged about the final 2 seasons of GoT? I loved those books and the show, and then it was a freaking trainwreck.
I stopped watching somewhere in season 4 (not because I didn't like it, just have a short attention span sometimes), and then after everyone was mad about the final seasons I was like... well, maybe it's better this way

I stopped watching somewhere in season 4 (not because I didn't like it, just have a short attention span sometimes), and then after everyone was mad about the final seasons I was like... well, maybe it's better this way
Oh one HUNDRED percent. If I could take back the things I saw in the last season, I would. But, cannot unsee.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
can I say I am in fact the friend who has not watched game of thrones (outside of first 1-2 episodes I was made to watch because my cousin believed I would love it... but I thought it was just a ridiculous laughable day time soap + mystical creatures)

can I say I am in fact the friend who has not watched game of thrones (outside of first 1-2 episodes I was made to watch because my cousin believed I would love it... but I thought it was just a ridiculous laughable day time soap + mystical creatures)

I didn't watch the show at all

Ok but spoiler alert, there are no mystical creatures in it until way later

I do still think the first few seasons are incredible and appeal very much to people who typically hate fantasy

I haven’t seen any episodes of game of thrones

Ok but spoiler alert, there are no mystical creatures in it until way later

I do still think the first few seasons are incredible and appeal very much to people who typically hate fantasy
I normally like fantasy lol

and I def remember some stupid non-zombie zombie like creatures as well as some other creature threat

I can’t stand the show. They butchered the books.

edit: good actors and pretty filming, tho

FB_IMG_1609975051522.jpg

THIS is what I'm like

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I didn't watch the show at all
I didn't either. When I was in high school, somebody spoiled something to me about a GoT character ****ing their brother, and I was like "uhhhh why would anybody want to watch that?" So I've never seen it. After everyone hated the final season(s), I was glad I didn't waste my time on a show with such backlash on how it ended. I will say, as a tangent from that thought, that we had a kitten come in to my workplace quite often named Jon Snow and he was adorable. Looking for a picture of him now.