sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Swamp
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Venting post Completely unrelated to game play so I’m posting here. Got Covid vaccine #2 about 3.5 hours ago. Within 5 minutes my arm felt like it had been punched 10 times, which was new from #1. By hour 3 I was definitely starting to feel really $hi++y. (Not new from last time, but for most people 2 is worse than 1, and 1 was already a real bad 72 hours for me). Around then I return home to find my dogs destroyed my $1600 living room rug. And there are also random debris not from the rug scattered across the living room I can’t identify.

I am straight up not having a good time.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users

alleycat03

KSU CVM 2025
2+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2018
Kansas
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary
I will say, as a tangent from that thought, that we had a kitten come in to my workplace quite often named Jon Snow and he was adorable. Looking for a picture of him now.
Found one! The kitten on the left is Jon Snow, and I don’t know the name of the kitten on the right.
263D446D-C18B-4B31-B011-C0785D03FF95.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
About the Ads

Viscernable

Baking a fool of myself
Jun 13, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Veterinary

In a spectacularly inane train of automatic association I saw this and thought “TP... but etch-a-sketch pictures... and sentences typed with elbows and no backspacing :thinking:

Is anyone else interested in this (or TP where each sentence/picture has different restrictions??) or do I really need to go tf to sleep

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Animal Midwife

perpetually confused
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2016
PMs, melting down brb
In a spectacularly inane train of automatic association I saw this and thought “TP... but etch-a-sketch pictures... and sentences typed with elbows and no backspacing :thinking:

Is anyone else interested in this (or TP where each sentence/picture has different restrictions??) or do I really need to go tf to sleep
I would but I sadly have no functioning etch-a-sketch any longer.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users

Lawpy

27 boxes
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
Replacement Chat
forums.studentdoctor.net

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Swamp
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Venting post Completely unrelated to game play so I’m posting here. Got Covid vaccine #2 about 3.5 hours ago. Within 5 minutes my arm felt like it had been punched 10 times, which was new from #1. By hour 3 I was definitely starting to feel really $hi++y. (Not new from last time, but for most people 2 is worse than 1, and 1 was already a real bad 72 hours for me). Around then I return home to find my dogs destroyed my $1600 living room rug. And there are also random debris not from the rug scattered across the living room I can’t identify.

I am straight up not having a good time.
863C8F23-270C-4776-8D21-FC18835302CC.jpeg

892E1031-EEDC-4538-8087-07043706861A.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unyeetable Wolf
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
The "lemon it's Wednesday" one killed me because I saw it on Wednesday and was like ...****
Reminds me (since my days off this week were occupied by helicoptering)
Little old lady is doing much better, currently snoozing between me and her fluffy companion.
20210109_003831.jpg

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

SportPonies

2+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2017
The void
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Reminds me (since my days off this week were occupied by helicoptering)
Little old lady is doing much better, currently snoozing between me and her fluffy companion.
Does he count as a companion if she doesn't acknowledge his existence?

• Haha

vetmedhead

Hang onto me and we'll quarantine the gloom
5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Yo @vetmedhead , you should host Movies Nights with Meats , similar to the off-brand drunk history of old
Oh man. So basically miscellaneous movies made worse much better thanks to my really weird constant commentary?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

vetmedhead

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I've seen snapchat snippets and I would like to subscribe
Oh god I can't even remember what I've sent you

Back in undergrad I did have a running snap series called Princesses' Anatomy where I took a LOT of screenshots of Grey's episodes but retold them all from the perspective of the very demanding and ruthlessly unrealistic Princess Derek. And of course all of the other princesses in the hospital, which was basically just also every other male character in the show. All of the female characters were just themselves and the princesses HATED them because they were not fun or fashionable enough to be around them. And yes, I did make sure to draw on blushing cheeks, princess hair, a princess hat, and colorful clothes to all of them.

I honestly don't even think pictures of this exist anymore, neither I nor any of my friends were smart enough to preserve them so they have been lost to the annals of time

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
About the Ads

vetmedhead

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I also found some old snaps called Cupcake Wars Bingo
Snapchat-5255474932533370847.jpg Snapchat-7239168609206741772.jpg Snapchat-593963793239169140.jpg Snapchat-8905358022346071249.jpg Snapchat-5197452214490707015.jpg Snapchat-3135669440269302499.jpg Snapchat-6158411669959567180.jpg Snapchat-2929035238030884347.jpg
Snapchat-4754055321478081194.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Swamp
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

I have never seen that, but the plaid shirts for the carpenters is such a fresh take
My personal favorite was “grown woman wears stupid headband.”

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

PippyPony

not a wolf
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I do think that it would be fun at some point to try to make a D&D-based WW game, or some kind of hybrid situation. I'm not quite sure how that would work, but could be fun.

• Hmm

vetmedhead

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
The main thing with playing dnd is just making sure you're playing with people who are also fun and not rules lawyers. It's amazing how fast one wrong person can make the entire thing terrible until you move on to a different crew

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
About the Ads
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
The main thing with playing dnd is just making sure you're playing with people who are also fun and not rules lawyers. It's amazing how fast one wrong person can make the entire thing terrible until you move on to a different crew
That’s good to know if I ever get a chance to play!!

PippyPony

not a wolf
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2013
dead chat
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I feel very lucky; this is my first time playing and our DM has been extremely loosey goosey with what we're allowed to do. She let my friend make a magical drug manufacturing kit (like, why) and I'm pretty sure we were all supposed to die this morning, but she was like "weellllll turns out there is a surprise, heritable coagulopathy disease running through this orc lineage!"

Good times

• Haha

vetmedhead

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2015
in bed
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
I feel very lucky; this is my first time playing and our DM has been extremely loosey goosey with what we're allowed to do. She let my friend make a magical drug manufacturing kit (like, why) and I'm pretty sure we were all supposed to die this morning, but she was like "weellllll turns out there is a surprise, heritable coagulopathy disease running through this orc lineage!"

Good times
I had a tiefling with 2 foot tall horns and mine gave me a -2 to all stealth checks lol

Is it frustrating? Yes.

Is it hilarious when my party members get around it by hanging coats on them and making her pretend to be a coat rack? Absolutely

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

sunshinefl

All Gold Everything
5+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Swamp
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I had a tiefling with 2 foot tall horns and mine gave me a -2 to all stealth checks lol

Is it frustrating? Yes.

Is it hilarious when my party members get around it by hanging coats on them and making her pretend to be a coat rack? Absolutely
Note to self: I may be the rule lawyer everyone would hate so I will not be starting D&D when I was previously intrigued.

JustPaws

Michigan State CVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2017
Woof Chat
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Note to self: I may be the rule lawyer everyone would hate so I will not be starting D&D when I was previously intrigued.
Nah you're probably fine as long as you are willing to have fun. I more dislike the "too cool to be doing this, don't know why I'm here" person.

I was once a half-orc who was incredibly dumb and an absolute brute but fell head over heels for a tiny halfling. Very fun to just be a totally different personality type and go all in

Reactions: 3 users

WonderingStudent

c/o 2024
2+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2017
Earth
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student

Is it frustrating? Yes.

When I was creating my tiefling I guess I didn't read the player guide correctly and ended up with 4 ft horns...which once my D&D group realized this it became a running joke and my DM even gave me a new ability to use them as a weapon (using Ring of the Ram item).

One of the issues I've heard from a lot of my friends of D&D groups is never having enough players available at the same time which is funny since my D&D group has three sessions a week for different campaign purposes (which is good since I cannot make time for going to all of these sessions).

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

WildZoo

Illegal in all 50, Unyeetable Wolf
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2013
The doll factory
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinarian
When I was creating my tiefling I guess I didn't read the player guide correctly and ended up with 4 ft horns...which once my D&D group realized this it became a running joke and my DM even gave me a new ability to use them as a weapon (using Ring of the Ram item).

One of the issues I've heard from a lot of my friends of D&D groups is never having enough players available at the same time which is funny since my D&D group has three sessions a week for different campaign purposes (which is good since I cannot make time for going to all of these sessions).
Yeah player availability is why the hubz no longer plays Pathfinder much with his friends. He is trying to set up something online for me and some of my friends from vet school that I guess would run kind of like WW!

JustPaws

Michigan State CVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2017
Woof Chat
Status (Visible)
  1. Veterinary Student
Yeah player availability is why the hubz no longer plays Pathfinder much with his friends. He is trying to set up something online for me and some of my friends from vet school that I guess would run kind of like WW!
wife and I might be in if you need people!

Reactions: 1 user

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads