e-books/online texts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mac_kin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's a long shot but i'm hoping to find a website or method to read books online - ie. download or view pdfs of texts.
I'm asking because for my new unit in january the prof has recommended 36 books...and according to the outline we only need to read like 1 chapter or 15-20 pages at any given time from each book.

there's no way i'm buying books to read a chapter. I also live too far from the library to want to head over and hunt down the only available text only to read a chapter...so the best way would be to get it online....my second option is borrowing or getting photocopies from classmates..but online would be just so much more swell

TY for any help and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year

Members don't see this ad.

You could try subscribing to StatRef or get a subscription to MDConsult. Most medical schools have subscriptions to these resources for students.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! StatRef is actually amazing.
Kudos to all my profs for not informing us of this resource :)
I'm about to return 5 texts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I would advise talking to a librarian at your school. They likely have tons of books online, and can point you in the right direction. There also may be last edition books available to check out from the stacks. Not too much really changes between 2006 and 2008 for most of the preclinical classes.

i actually also googled one of my texts and luckily it had a full preview of the chapter i needed which is awesome