E-mail Account?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Flymm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am a graduate and I don't have a school e-mail account anyore. I remember in an advisor session that they said you need a high capacity account, better than yahoo. I think it was in reference to sending large attachments or receiving large attachments, I am not real sure. Does anyone have any insights?

Members don't see this ad.

Gmail!

It's awesome. I looooooooooove my gmail account. :biglove:

Does anyone have any insights?

Get gmail. It destroys any other email service I've ever used.

However, I've never gotten really very large files from schools -- just some .pdfs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely agree with previous posters.

gmail all the way:thumbup:

Definitely! I'm to the point where the junk email in my school account is so bad that I run it all through my gmail account first. Works awesome. Gmail is the ****.

Thanks for the quick reply guys and gals. This place truly is amazing!

Yahoo is too small? I thought that Yahoo gives you 100 megs of storage. I've never come close to hitting that limit with all of the attachments I've received combined.

Yahoo is too small? I thought that Yahoo gives you 100 megs of storage. I've never come close to hitting that limit with all of the attachments I've received combined.

I used to be at 55% for my hotmail account (1024MB).. so... Yahoo would've been way too small.

I agree with everyone else that Gmail is the shiznit.

But my favorite part about it is the Gmail Notifier! It's this nifty little application that installs a tiny "envelope-shape" icon in your QuickTray at the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen. Whenever you get a new e-mail, the envelope turns purple, makes a "ding" noise, and shows you the sender and first sentence of the new e-mail. This prevents you from having to check your e-mail obsessively-- you'll always know at a glance when something new has come in. :love: :love: :love:

Click here for Gmail Notifier:
http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_windows.html

Gmail by far!!! I have been told that a blackberry is useful too! I have one and it keeps me stress free! (I had an obsession with checking my email prior to buying one) Now I check my SNAIL MAIL constantly! I wish blackberry could tell me when the mail man puts something in my mailbox and the first sentence of the mail LOL. That would be the Shiznnnitttsss!!!

I used Yahoo! all through this process and it gave me no problems.

GMAIL! Easy to use, TONS of space! :luck: