e-mail from Stanford to apply to Knight-Hennessy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smoll

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting e-mails from Stanford U to apply to their Knight-Hennessy scholars program? I'm 99.999999999999% sure the only reason I'm getting e-mails from them is because I graduated in 2014 which is the last graduation year to qualify for the program. Like there's no way my stats qualify to even apply for Stanford U. I just need my 0.0000001% hope that this e-mail was sent selectively to be taken away....If it was selective...then well, i'll apply just for the heck of it!

Members don't see this ad.

These emails from universities asking you to apply to their programs prey on premed delusions and insecurities. They literally mean nothing. All it does is to line their pockets with your application fee. No one in admission trolls through thousands of MCAT results and hand picks applicants ... there's just no time. Unless you recently won the Nobel prize or cured cancer the likelihood any email asking you to apply to a particular program is a mass email is high.

Reactions: 3 users
Haha thanks! That’s exactly what I thought and I’m not a fool to buy into it but it’s been so consistent that it somehow tricked me a teeeny tiny bit!