LEdaddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2006
Status
  1. Medical Student
My application status page at Harvard says that I'm incomplete because they never received my LORs. These were sent by virtual evals and confirmed to me by email in mid August. I emailed the admissions office about the situation last Friday and haven't gotten a response. Has anyone had any experience corresponding with them and know how long it usually takes?

My chances there are a major longshot anyway considering that my MCAT is in the low 30's.

Still, I'd like to know that my application was complete before I get my rejection.:oops:

About the Ads

jlq3d3

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
That's weird. It says I am complete on status page and I got an email that I'm complete but I just checked the status page and it says they have not recieved my letters. They were sent over a month ago.

kunfu

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2007
Status
  1. Medical Student
I also emailed Harvard on last Friday and have had no response. I submitted virtual evals back in July and my application was submitted a loooong time ago. I wish they would email me back or at least update my status page.

aaj117

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2007
NYC
Status
  1. Medical Student
My application status page at Harvard says that I'm incomplete because they never received my LORs. These were sent by virtual evals and confirmed to me by email in mid August. I emailed the admissions office about the situation last Friday and haven't gotten a response. Has anyone had any experience corresponding with them and know how long it usually takes?

My chances there are a major longshot anyway considering that my MCAT is in the low 30's.

Still, I'd like to know that my application was complete before I get my rejection.:oops:

It took me about five days to get a response back when i emailed with the same issue, and when i did, the response said contrary to the website that "it can take up to 4-6 weeks for everything to be put together with your letters", so just keep waiting essentially. It was not a helpful email. My letters were submitted on virtual evals 8/10, my secondary was in 7/26, and i'm still not complete.

cruz21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2007
Status
my status page says that i am complete, but i haven't received a completion email. should i worry? i don't really feel like calling or emailing them since i know their response will be "4-6 weeks etc etc"

ILikeToMoveIt

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2007
Status

Don't worry too much. I'm in the same situation. My rec letters were sent virtual evals mid-august too and it still says I'm incomplete. I called the admissions office and the guy said, "yeah...your letters are there. we just haven't downloaded them yet. usually it takes about a month or so before we get to it." I'm hoping they'll get to it within the next two weeks!

Dr OCD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2005
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
i called this morning because on the website my letters are "not received" but i had received an email about two weeks ago saying my application was complete. the admissions office said go by the e-mail. so im guessing if you got an e-mail saying your complete your good to go even if the status page doesnt show that they have your LORs.

Zippership

the Burninator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2006
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Sorry! The admissions office at HMS is not the best (or even the friendliest), and it's definitely good of you to stay in touch with them and make sure they have everything. Please don't take the admissions office as a representative sample of the faculty or school here though! It's a wonderful and friendly place to go to school, and Pass/Fail during the first two years makes it also extremely noncompetitive. I could go on at length but you can just see for yourself if and when you come for interviews.

jlq3d3

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2006
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I emailed them last night and got a reply today. Pretty fast if you ask me. They said I am complete (I received a complete email but the site said they had not received my letters).

greg1184

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2006
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Sorry! The admissions office at HMS is not the best (or even the friendliest), and it's definitely good of you to stay in touch with them and make sure they have everything. Please don't take the admissions office as a representative sample of the faculty or school here though! It's a wonderful and friendly place to go to school, and Pass/Fail during the first two years makes it also extremely noncompetitive. I could go on at length but you can just see for yourself if and when you come for interviews.

I noticed that. I called them a while back and I told the person I wanted to check the status of the application, and he asked "What do you mean?". :rolleyes:

Jingalicious

10+ Year Member
May 9, 2007
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Yeah, when I called, they refused to check. They said "we're going as fast as we can". Dismissed.

I noticed that. I called them a while back and I told the person I wanted to check the status of the application, and he asked "What do you mean?". :rolleyes:

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads