Ear Plugs / Passive Noise Cancellation Devices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twitch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where we can get the ones (preferably) similar to what the folks who take the CBT MCAT get?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know, but you can't use them on the Pen & Paper version. They are not allowed.

get some swimming ear plugs..those are really good. you won't hear a thing. im sure they cost less than $5. if not, go to the center where they administer the CBT test and i'm sure they'll give you some. tell them you want to adjust to using them before you take the test...

but like the above poster said, you can't use them for the paper pencil test. they're great for studying though...

For the paper test, I covered my ears with my hands. The proctors looked at me funny but didnt say squat.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jon Davis said:
For the paper test, I covered my ears with my hands. The proctors looked at me funny but didnt say squat.

Was it more of a cupping of the ears by the hand or was there distinct penetration of the finger into the ear?

:scared:

Jon Davis said:

They were looking at you funny cuz you had to bubble in the answers with the pencil in your mouth. :laugh:

GPACfan said:
They were looking at you funny cuz you had to bubble in the answers with the pencil in your mouth. :laugh:

Actually they were wondering where the other two were - one with the hands on the mouth and the other with the hands on the eyes to complete the trio...

But seriously it can be difficult studying in the library with people sneezing, coughing, coming and going, opening/closing their back packs loudly, or even with the cell phones going off. It'd be nice to find a quiet place to study. I'd study at the house but there are so many distractions...speaking of which I need to get back to my counterstrike gaming... :)

Y_Marker said:
Was it more of a cupping of the ears by the hand or was there distinct penetration of the finger into the ear?

:scared:

Cupped.

I'm taking it in '07 but if I somehow decide for august '06, I'm going to bring my earplugs, rules be damned. People are still bringing cell phones and the proctors are not enforcing that! Also, I have a really hard time concentrating during exams (ADD?) so I need it to be pin-drop quiet. I've got some super molded ones made by my audiologist friend.

Jon Davis said:

hehe...I did the same thing too. Either I was going to do that or punch out the guy next to me ( he needed to underline and circle almost everything in the passages) :mad: .

karlin009 said:
hehe...I did the same thing too. Either I was going to do that or punch out the guy next to me ( he needed to underline and circle almost everything in the passages) :mad: .

I've been there too. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.