1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Earlier AAMC Practice Tests

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Esteban, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Esteban

Esteban Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So the earlier tests have a ton of organic chemistry. The newer ones don't! Is it safe to assume my test won't have too much organic chemistry?

2. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes, the recent trend for MCATs has been fewer o-chem related passages.

3. BNSN

2+ Year Member

I really think the EK Orgo book is all you need. It should contain all the possible orgo on the test. I would trust it completely.

4. Esteban

Esteban Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    BNSN,

Did you use EK's orgo exclusively? Did you already take your test? Thanks.

5. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I know your question wasn't directed at me, but I used EK O-chem exclusively and I did fine on the MCAT. Well, I didn't really use EK exclusively since I had taken O-chem at my college before taking the test.

6. BNSN

2+ Year Member

I have not taken the exam yet. The reason I said to rely on EK completely is because a friend of mine who made a 38 (14 Bio) studied EK only even though he was in the Kaplan class and he said he was gload to ignore Kaplan since it was way too detailed.