Earliest Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

help79

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just completed and submitted my AMCAS application and am waiting on verification/secondaries (if I get any). When was the earliest those in the 2006 cycle received interview requests? Do requests occur throughout the month of August or do they begin in the fall (i.e. September/October). Thanks any input is greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

My first interview was at Drexel on Sep 20.

very early september; interview requests came in august. i got my amcas in very early and applied broadly, also my undergrad school was really on top of it (apparently). good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools can't send out acceptances until mid-October (October 16 in the entering class of 2008 cycle). So the earliest interviews aren't typically until mid-September.

Any school with rolling apps is probably right up there with the fastest responders. I'm not sure exactly how you'd determine when exactly each school starts interviewing other than just calling the ones you're interested in and asking.

What about your earliest interview INVITES?

Hello everyone! I just completed and submitted my AMCAS application and am waiting on verification/secondaries (if I get any). When was the earliest those in the 2006 cycle received interview requests? Do requests occur throughout the month of August or do they begin in the fall (i.e. September/October). Thanks any input is greatly appreciated! :)

I've scheduled an interview at UMich already, but that was presecondary, so it's not the norm.

wow....nice lol

Not to hijack the thread, but what's Norfolk like?

I've scheduled an interview at UMich already, but that was presecondary, so it's not the norm.

Yeah, I got one of those as well... the earliest date I could sign up for was 9/5-- do they have any earlier ones?

wow....nice lol

Not to hijack the thread, but what's Norfolk like?

My mother is in love with the Norfolk airport, LOL. It's really an oddly pretty airport. The rest of the city isn't really pretty per se, but it's not bad. The city is right on the Chesapeake, and there's a nice mall... EVMS isn't in the nicest part of town, but that opens a lot of opportunities for community service, etc. I really liked the school, but after spending the past four years in SE Virginia, I'm ready to head back toward the north.

I think Texas schools might be one of the earliest schools to begin interviews. I received an interview invite 7/7 and others received their invites on 7/2.

Dang that's early! Are most early-applicant invites given out in August though? anyone know?