Earliest someone would interview/hear from AZCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crys20

make it happen!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! As a hopeful applicant here coming up I was just curious as to when the earliest would be that someone (obviously a strong applicant for AZCOM) would interview at and hear from the school. Thanks guys :) If any current students want to throw out any other AZCOM info for me about the pros/cons/whatever of the school I'd love to hear it...I'm a little bit confident about my chances there and it's my top choice :)

Members don't see this ad.

crys20 said:
Hi guys! As a hopeful applicant here coming up I was just curious as to when the earliest would be that someone (obviously a strong applicant for AZCOM) would interview at and hear from the school. Thanks guys :) If any current students want to throw out any other AZCOM info for me about the pros/cons/whatever of the school I'd love to hear it...I'm a little bit confident about my chances there and it's my top choice :)

AZCOM is a great school, in terms of their strong basic science curriculum and their preparation for decent residency positions. People over there seem very happy. I applied pretty early in the cycle (Mid June 2004), and I got secondaries in mid August, and I went to interview during late September. I heard from them after two weeks for my acceptance. If you have strong stats with a passionate heart to become a physician, you have a great shot at the school. I have a 3.6 science/overall gpa and a mid-20's mcat. Good luck to you!

Oh, thank you so much that is fantastic news! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm afraid I can't say with certainty about Azcom's pros or cons since I'll be a first year this coming August. I choose it because it seemed to have strong basic sciences, has a good record on board exams, and it's cheap living compared to what I'm used to in California. I do have reservations about their rotations 3rd and 4th year (plenty of threads here addressing that issue). Bottom line, I guess I'll find everything out for myself come August. =)

I finished with the secondary sometime in July, interviewed early October and was accepted last week of October. BS Biology/Poli Sci from UCSD with a 3.1 GPA and a 28 MCAT.

Good luck on the applications...hope to see you next year.

Kona said:
I'm afraid I can't say with certainty about Azcom's pros or cons since I'll be a first year this coming August. I choose it because it seemed to have strong basic sciences, has a good record on board exams, and it's cheap living compared to what I'm used to in California. I do have reservations about their rotations 3rd and 4th year (plenty of threads here addressing that issue). Bottom line, I guess I'll find everything out for myself come August. =)

I finished with the secondary sometime in July, interviewed early October and was accepted last week of October. BS Biology/Poli Sci from UCSD with a 3.1 GPA and a 28 MCAT.

Good luck on the applications...hope to see you next year.

Hey Kona! You went to UCSD? That's cool! Which class? I graduated from UCSD too c/o 2003, and is currently c/o 2005 in the master's program in chemistry. Great choice for AZCOM! I won't be going there though, although I have great impression on the school. :thumbup:

Doctor G said:
Hey Kona! You went to UCSD? That's cool! Which class? I graduated from UCSD too c/o 2003, and is currently c/o 2005 in the master's program in chemistry. Great choice for AZCOM! I won't be going there though, although I have great impression on the school. :thumbup:

Dr. G - Hey there...always nice to hear from UCSD alums. I finished up winter quarter of 2003 at Marshall College. Been working as an EMT on medic units for San Diego City while applying to schools and still live in Playmor/UTC area. Congrats on getting your master's!! That's gotta look good to the schools you applied to. Which did you decide to go to?

crys20 said:

I sent my application in mid-June, and was invited for interview in August. I interviewed in late September.

Kona said:
Dr. G - Hey there...always nice to hear from UCSD alums. I finished up winter quarter of 2003 at Marshall College. Been working as an EMT on medic units for San Diego City while applying to schools and still live in Playmor/UTC area. Congrats on getting your master's!! That's gotta look good to the schools you applied to. Which did you decide to go to?

Wow! I know Playmor. I'm at Renaissance if you know where that is. Moving out in July. I will be attending WesternU COMP next year.

crys20 said:
easy there killer... i just barely got my rejection letter!!! i liked the school as well, but definitely tired of living in arizona :D

lol i've been in OH my whole life so i'm ready for a change. the S.O. is in AZ so that's the consideration. but thanks guys for all the info.

crys20 said:

Hey there! If you have already started your application process for the class of 2010, you will have a great chance of getting in fairly early in the cycle. I applied to AZCOM very late and still got in with similar scores to what you have. I got my acceptance letter for the class of 2009 on May 21, about a week ago. You'll have a great chance of getting in as long as you are sincere and humble in your interview. By the way, I was quite impressed with the campus when I went on my interview. It's gorgeous and the didadic curriculum is top notch. They are also doing a lot to open up more local rotation sites. Good luck with everything and if you have any questions about AZCOM or my journey gaining acceptance I'd be more than happy to help.