earliest start date for 1st years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDicated

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so im curious when is the earliest i would possibly be asked to start school. like many of you, i find myself on many waitlists and have NO CLUE where ill be in a few months. i have already scheduled a trip to europe this summer and im a little concerned b/c i have it running through aug 1st. anyone have dates for schools that start exceptionally early. thanks!!

March Madness is keeping me sane through this process and i cant wait until Thursday.......GO DEACS!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
FSU starts early June I believe. I have a theory as to why, but it's beyond the scope of this thread.

haha mlw03....i think i know your theory. i'd tend to agree

Originally posted by mlw03
FSU starts early June I believe. I have a theory as to why, but it's beyond the scope of this thread.

Is it because of the low caliber of students who attend there?

University of Arizona's orientation starts on July 20. I think classes start on the 26th.

no, that's not it. be nice please. fsu med students will be fine doctors i'm sure. of course their football team sucks, but that's another issue... :D

Originally posted by boomuntilnoon
Is it because of the low caliber of students who attend there?

i believe san antonio starts in late june.

wow, june is freakin early. I mean, im not even done with my MS program in june! ANd it thought Drew/UCLA's mid july start date was early...

June and July start dates. YIKES
scared.gif
scared.gif
scared.gif

And I am worried about getting moved and settled by orientation on Aug 21st for class start date of Aug 23. I have no reason to complain.

What if you go to a quarter school that doesn't get out until mid-june? do you just miss your first 2 weeks of med school to finish your u.grad?

the UCSF JMP starts on about june 20th with the UCB summer session for anatomy.

These aren't early compared to the others, but incase you're waiting on them UK and Jefferson both start orientation on Aug. 2 this year. BTW, the start dates were about a week different last yaer, no idea why.

I just got an email from New Jersey Med saying orientation is August 17th...waaaaayyy late!

classes start Aug 30, Orientation is the week b4, so the 23rd Mich State CHM

no, that's not it. be nice please. fsu med students will be fine doctors i'm sure. of course their football team sucks, but that's another issue... :D

They had an amazing running back the last couple of years.

Originally posted by Celestron2000
These aren't early compared to the others, but incase you're waiting on them UK and Jefferson both start orientation on Aug. 2 this year. BTW, the start dates were about a week different last yaer, no idea why.

I thought Jefferson's orientation started on August 5th! Leaving all my family, friends, and boyfriend in Claifornia, every little day counts...

The calander on their website says Aug. 2. Where did you hear the 5th? Maybe that was last year? Anyways, I haven't gotten any official mailings or anything. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Celestron2000
The calander on their website says Aug. 2. Where did you hear the 5th? Maybe that was last year? Anyways, I haven't gotten any official mailings or anything. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Yowch, it looks like you're right. I swear a mailing I got a while back said the 5th, but I guess not!

When is Case's Start date?