Early Assurance DO programs without MCAT following 1-2 years of college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please list following:

School name
Program name
ACT required?
MCAT?
High School GPA/Class rank required-senior year or college grades only?
what college classes and GPA is required?
how many seats are available and how many generally apply and get interviewed or accepted?
in state/out of state or ONLY certain colleges?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no school to my knowledge that takes students without a MCAT score through standard admission routes.

Are you referring to schools where you go to college and medical school in a combined program? If such is the case, then Brown University offers a program (allopathic) that entails such a concept: http://med.brown.edu/plme/

Oh my. Futurepharm. My friend. First of all, why are you in such a rush? As you've heard repeatedly over and over and over and over again on these threads, you need to relax and enjoy your life. It is commendable that you want to be a physician so badly, but only experiencing one or two years of college won't, in my opinion, adequately prepare you for the rigors of medical school.

Secondly, as for most Early Assurance Programs that I am aware of, they generally require no less than 3 years of collegiate experience. Also, this is something usually done through your particular university, not through the schools themselves. For example, there were two programs at Penn State that allowed you to have early assurance at either Jefferson Medical School or Hershey Medical School. I have not heard of any DO schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please list following:

School name
Program name
ACT required?
MCAT?
how many seats are available and how many generally apply and get interviewed or accepted?

Go to the aacom website and do your own research.

Aren't You Already ****ing Going To Nsu-com Do/bs Program??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Nope, there's still MCAT requirement.

"Complete the MCAT before enrollment with a score of 26 or higher"

the poster said he did not know of a program that took students with out an MCAT score. Des Moines will accept you into their program with out an MCAT score. i never said you didn't have to take it, hence me saying "you do not need an MCAT at the time" as in you "you dont need an MCAT at the time of application"

i think its just miscommunication. i misunderstood what the poster was saying, and you misunderstood what i was saying. we were unknowingly on the same page.

I'm pretty sure if I don't AVOID the OP's threads from now on, they will SUCCEED at making me insane.

Please list following:

School name
Program name
ACT required?
MCAT?

Harvard, Stanford, and John Hopkins will all let you in without and MCAT so long as you offer your body for scientific research. Its the easiest way to get in that I know of.

Harvard, Stanford, and John Hopkins will all let you in without and MCAT so long as you offer your body for scientific research. Its the easiest way to get in that I know of.

I lol'd.

Please list following:

School name
Program name
ACT required?
MCAT?

haha i guess i will be nice,they are a couple allopathic places which have a direct spot into med school w/o a mcat. I know binghamton-suny upstate is one, VCU is another one. They are pretty hard to get into though.

haha i guess i will be nice,they are a couple allopathic places which have a direct spot into med school w/o a mcat. I know binghamton-suny upstate is one, VCU is another one. They are pretty hard to get into though.

UCSD as well. you are accepted straight out of high school and go there for undergrad before med school.

thanks for the info, and by my question i mean early assurance not bs/md straight from high school, i mean college programs where u apply soph/junior year and can apply based on GPA and reduces MCAT stress......and I will enjoy college, I just want to know the reqs for these programs so I go in knowing what I need to do and still can have fun in other stuff........

thanks for the info, and by my question i mean early assurance not bs/md straight from high school, i mean college programs where u apply soph/junior year and can apply based on GPA and reduces MCAT stress......and I will enjoy college, I just want to know the reqs for these programs so I go in knowing what I need to do and still can have fun in other stuff........

seriousy consider des moines and take a look at the link i posted. its exactliy what you described. i almost applied but decided to just apply during the regular cycle.

Stop being so lazy and do your own research.

I'm not usually rude, but also please work on your punctuation. Your lack of periods, commas, semi-colons, and the like make my brain go out of breath.

Thanks.

Why are you so scared of the ****ing MCAT? Its not some impossible test that only super-geniuses can score well on. If you go into college with the idea that you want to go to med school, you work moderately hard in your relevant classes, and you take a prep course, I'd be shocked if you got less than high-20's. You worry way too much.

MCAT: 4 hour one-time test on undergrad material, learned at a leisurely pace.

Board exams: full day bi-annual tests on graduate/professional/clinical/biomedical material, learned through a foot wide firehose that could knock a hole through reinforced concrete

If you're afraid of the MCAT, get out now.

MCAT: 4 hour one-time test on undergrad material, learned at a leisurely pace.

Board exams: full day bi-annual tests on graduate/professional/clinical/biomedical material, learned through a foot wide firehose that could knock a hole through reinforced concrete

If you're afraid of the MCAT, get out now.

at least the board exams tests material that is interesting and directly applicable to a profession in medicine. i'm excited.

yeah.. i thought you were doing the Nova BS/DO program??? You know you CAN apply out to other schools in your last year if you decide you no longer want to attend Nova..