early assurance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixenell

don't stop me now
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone chooses to apply to a medical school early assurance, are they still able to apply MD/PhD? I am really interested in a specific school, and was wondering if this was possible

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

You mean EDP, or a high school program?

If you're thinking about a particular school, i would just check with teh school. It's certainly possible, but i think when/how you apply varies.

Sonya

You will still be able to apply.

Caveats:

Early assurance is meaningless if your goal is to apply to MD/PhD programs, and only MD/PhD programs. Your application won't be looked at any differently, you'll still take the MCAT, have to have a high GPA, etc. etc.

Accelerated programs make it even tougher to complete a project given the shortened amount of time.

Yours,

Jason

I believe that the op is asking about EDP and if I remember correctly from an old thread, you cannot do EDP with MD/PhD. You may still be able to go EDP with their MD program then go interview with the MD/PhD program later in the interview season or out of your first year. I would ask the school about this. Personally I wouldn't bother. The whole interviewing thing is quite an experience, often paid for, and you might just find a new first choice.

Which school is it that you are really interested in? You could always check their website or someone here might know.