Early Assurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docgreys

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just joined today and I was hoping to get some advice.

My gpa is a 3.23 overall for this semester and 2.7 for science (B- in bio, my only science so far). Next semester im taking Bio 2 and Physics 1. I know I'll do much better this time around because ive gotten a hang of how much I need to study. However, I want to apply early assurance to GW Med and Mt Sinai. Application for GW med is 2nd semester sophomore year and first semester for Sinai.

Other things:
I'm on the fundraising committee for a student org.
I'm starting to mentor middle school girls next semester once a week for 2 hours.
I'm in 3 other orgs and 2 that are just starting up (so hopefully e-board for those two)
I work as a lab assistant in a science lab
I volunteered in the oncology dept in a hospital summer of senior year but couldnt in college because I am now 5 hours away and the hospitals nearby required me to be 18 by the time of the deadline and I wasnt.
I am shadowing a doctor (OB/GYN) this summer.

I'm pretty sure I could get my gpa to a 3.6 by the end of this semester but I'm still not sure about early assurance? And they ask for SAT scores and mine was like 640 CR, 610 M and 630 W which isnt that good so... advice?

Edit: I heard that having a C (+/-) can cause your app to not even be considered. I my lowest grade is a B- (bio) but im not sure if thats terrible too?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: