Early August MCAT too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindyCityZete

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is an August MCAT exam date considered late if I wanted to apply this cycle to both allopathic and osteopathic schools? I was considering either August 3rd or the 11th. I recently finished an SMP and have been studying this summer but have not had time to dedicate fully to the MCAT due to work. If anyone can shed some light on this that would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

You're pushing it for MD schools. Your score will come back in early to mid-september. Depending on how high it is, you might be able to snag an interview or two.

You're golden for DO schools.

Submit your AMCAS and have it verified. After you take your MCAT, pre-write all of your secondaries, so that when you do get your score back, you can immediately start submitting your secondaries and being marked as "complete" for medical and osteopathic schools.

You're pushing it for MD schools. Your score will come back in early to mid-september. Depending on how high it is, you might be able to snag an interview or two.

You're golden for DO schools.

Submit your AMCAS and have it verified. After you take your MCAT, pre-write all of your secondaries, so that when you do get your score back, you can immediately start submitting your secondaries and being marked as "complete" for medical and osteopathic schools.
Thanks for the reply! I submitted my AMCAS app on the 16th so it should be verified soon. I reached out to some schools and a few said that they will send secondaries based on GPA and wait for my mcat score. DO schools said to hold off on sending in my AACOMAS app since once they receive all my materials including my old MCAT score they will not wait for the new score to review my application.