Early Bird

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SBains88

MedBound12
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im abt to enter my junior year of college. I wanted to get an early start on studying for the MCAT. I got the set examkracker books. So far ive gottin through verbal and am taking 1 practice test a week. Rite now im pretty much just focusing on reviewing my gen chem (abt 1/2 through). I study 4-7 hours a week...so about an hour a day depending on how busy i am.

I plan on gettin through the material during the summer and beginning of next semester and then taking the princeton review course. The concern that I have is that I might be starting a little too early. Im worried that if i plan on taking the mcat in March-April of next year...I could forget the information that Im studying now and itll gone to waste...Will studying too early hurt me for this exam?

Members don't see this ad.

You will start to forget stuff that you learned early on...but it will still help! So, studying early is a great idea. Focus on verbal (ek 101). It's the hardest to improve and will be the most beneficial in the long run. But, be careful...you don't want to run out of practice material early on.

i agree with the previous poster. the sciences you can master in a couple months of solid content review but the verbal is like a work in progress so it would definitely be beneficial to start working on verbal and get a firm hold of that.