1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Early Decision Apps?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by blike, Aug 2, 2002.

1. blike

blike Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just wanted to get your opinion on applying early decision to a school. I really really like KCOM, and that is my number 1 choice for school (come time). Of course, alot could change between now and the time I apply, but I just want to know your thoughts. Do early decision people have a better shot at getting in? It says you'll know by october whether you were accepted or not. If early decision people have a better shot acceptance, it might be worth it for me to hold off my other apps till october. However, if this is not the case, I don't want to waste time!

Thank you

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    A few schools have gotten rid of the early decision process.

Here are my thoughts.

I, personally, would choose against it. Although you like a school now, you really get a feel for it once you visit and talk to the students. There is a difference from liking a school in paper and then visiting and feeling "at home".

Also, if you are denied, you now have to scramble to get your applications sent out. Also, you may need to answer at an interview "so, why were we your second choice?"

Now, if you have been to KCOM, know people who go there, know someone who works there, or take classes there (not sure if they have other academic programs), then that would be another thing. If you are absolutely, 100% sure that KCOM is the school you want to go to, then try for early decision.

Just be careful because you can't back out, keep everyone happy, and still make yourself look good.

Good luck to you.

4. blike

blike Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I visited just recently. Toured the campus, met some students, talked to some faculty. I have family that lives 30 minutes away, and I love rural country(although kirksville isn't as rural as it used to be). I've spent time in the area, love MO. I know a student that is attending next fall. My father also attended there.

Thanks for your input, JP!

john.

5. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Your father went there?

Apply Early!

Good luck!!