This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted875957

Hello all!

I'm posting this here to help others who are anxiously checking their phone, email, etc for a response from their ED school! A few of us have heard back already, a lot of us should hear soon, and unfortunately many of us will hear back at the deadline.

Post here when you hear back! This will be a great way for others to hear when their school is responding, and potential ways for students to meet each other before they enter an SPT class together.

Feel free to leave a post if you hear about someone else getting in (or rejected also!)

Acceptances:
University of Tennessee at Chatanooga
@hawkesome - Sept. 6th

Kansas University Medical Center
@ASmith_PT - Sept. 20th

California State University - Long Beach
@airchrysalisdpt - Sept. 14th
@awg234 - Sept. 14th

Duke University
@drs17 - Sept. 19th
@ttu_kin - Sept. 19th

Des Moines University
@ly1993 - Sept. 20th
@ugadpt18 - Sept. 20th

University of Delaware
@Funk95DPT - Sept. 20th

Samuel Merritt University
@Second*Adulthood*Rocks - Sept. 20th

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
All my stats are in the main thread but I heard back from UTC on the 6th and was accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted from CSULB today! My stats are in the sticky thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear back from Samuel Merritt University in Oakland, CA? I was assuming I would be deferred since I have prereqs in progess... but I haven't heard yet. That means it is still a possibility I will get accepted! We should all hear within a week! :)

Anyone hear back from Samuel Merritt University in Oakland, CA? I was assuming I would be deferred since I have prereqs in progess... but I haven't heard yet. That means it is still a possibility I will get accepted! We should all hear within a week! :)
From what a couple admissions counselors have told me at SMU, someone with all their prereqs done is no more competitive than someone with 1-2 prereqs in progress. They use other criteria to make their admissions decisions so unless you have more than 2 prereqs pending, I don't see it being a reason why you get deferred.

ED week is finally here!!!

ED week is finally here!!!
So do they typically not wait until the final cut off? I thought we might not hear until sept 25, which is next Monday?

Good luck to you!

Did anyone apply to A.T Still University for ED?

I heard back from Duke!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted by DMU today!

I got my acceptance from Duke yesterday!

I too was accepted to CSULB ED, last week! Congrats to everyone! Hit me up if you're also CSULB, happy to meet future classmates!

Hi, everyone!! I heard back from the University of Delaware and was accepted. I am beyond grateful; I can't wait to begin the program next year! Did anyone else apply to UD?

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, everyone!! I heard back from the University of Delaware and was accepted. I am beyond grateful; I can't wait to begin the program next year! Did anyone else apply to UD?
I did apply for UDel as a general applicant, and I have not heard anything from them yet.
How was the interview and how long did it take for them to send you a decision?

Heard back today. Accepted at Samuel Merritt. :) So excited!!!!

Congrats! That's so amazing!

This is killing me now though. Wouldn't SMU have sent out all acceptances at once? I'm worried this means I for sure didn't get in! What time did you hear back today?

Congrats! That's so amazing!

This is killing me now though. Wouldn't SMU have sent out all acceptances at once? I'm worried this means I for sure didn't get in! What time did you hear back today?

Kasie from SMU called me this afternoon and said the official email will go out tomorrow. You will know soon. :)

Kasie from SMU called me this afternoon and said the official email will go out tomorrow. You will know soon. :)
Wow, on first name basis and getting phone calls, that’s crazy! But you have truly amazing qualifications (stalked your profile) so it’s no surprise you got in! Hope to join you!

Hey everyone, OP here. I got the acceptance email from Kansas University Medical yesterday!! Awesome hearing the ED acceptances are finally starting to pour in.

Wow, on first name basis and getting phone calls, that’s crazy! But you have truly amazing qualifications (stalked your profile) so it’s no surprise you got in! Hope to join you!

Hi Kipperwok. Kasie is the admission counselor at SMU and made herself very accessible... which was one of the many things about SMU that solidified it as my first choice. The high number of clinical weeks, the clinical schedule, the staff I met, as well as the students I met during the PT information session all helped to solidify SMU as my number one choice as well. I am so proud to be going to SMU!!! I'm just beyond happy about it! :)

I did apply for UDel as a general applicant, and I have not heard anything from them yet.
How was the interview and how long did it take for them to send you a decision?
Hi! The interview was fantastic; it's a very casual interview with a professor. I was one of a few others called back for a second interview, in which I spoke with a professor who had specialized in sports/ortho PT. I hope to pursue a residency there in sports PT, so she was tremendously helpful. Interview day includes an intro to the program, a q&a with faculty and students, your interview itself (about 20 minutes in duration), and you get to attend a class also with the students! All in all, UD is an amazing program. I highly recommend preparing answers to various interview questions (weaknesses, strengths, situations with patients, etc), but most importantly, BRING QUESTIONS! They want you to walk away feeling informed, but asking your own questions also demonstrates your personal interest and investment in the field. Their biggest concern is whether or not you can handle the rigor of the program and it's necessary to demonstrate that you believe you can.

Because I applied early, I heard back within a week. For general applicants, I would assume this would take a few weeks or months because there are various interview times. Have you been called for an interview yet?

Have you heard anything yet kipperwok?

Have you heard anything yet kipperwok?
No! I’m assuming you haven’t either, from the way you asked! Maybe they are a bit behind on sending out the email. I hope. So curious if second*adulthood has gotten her email yet, as they said she would! I don’t know how any of this works, but I felt VERY bad about my chances when I heard she’d heard already and it was crickets in my inbox.

Fingers crossed for us both!

No! I’m assuming you haven’t either, from the way you asked! Maybe they are a bit behind on sending out the email. I hope. So curious if second*adulthood has gotten her email yet, as they said she would! I don’t know how any of this works, but I felt VERY bad about my chances when I heard she’d heard already and it was crickets in my inbox.

Fingers crossed for us both!
I personally think they are behind because this is the first year they are doing ED, and they are preparing for a PT information session tomorrow. I dont think the fact that second adulthood got a call means that we didn't get accepted. What it just tells me is that she got accepted. I do know that Kasie Lemmer is extremely busy, and I'm sure she has been scrambling around the past few days like no other. It's always possible that second adulthood was on the top of the list, and we were somewhere on the middle or bottom of people they will accept.

I personally think they are behind because this is the first year they are doing ED, and they are preparing for a PT information session tomorrow. I dont think the fact that second adulthood got a call means that we didn't get accepted. What it just tells me is that she got accepted. I do know that Kasie Lemmer is extremely busy, and I'm sure she has been scrambling around the past few days like no other. It's always possible that second adulthood was on the top of the list, and we were somewhere on the middle or bottom of people they will accept.

These are all good points, and mostly ones I have also been considering between bouts of pessimism! I had not considered the information session, though! That is a lot of work at one time. I have never spent so much time imagining how someone else’s office functions and what their workload is like.

I wish I had found this forum earlier and could have benefited from everyone else’s insight and advice, and hopefully contributed some myself! I had no idea people were encouraged to communicate so much with the admissions staff, and now I regret not getting more information directly from them while building my application and writing my essay questions.

While I know they’re busy today, it really would be nice to know today rather than Monday! Hoping we get good news today!

These are all good points, and mostly ones I have also been considering between bouts of pessimism! I had not considered the information session, though! That is a lot of work at one time. I have never spent so much time imagining how someone else’s office functions and what their workload is like.

I wish I had found this forum earlier and could have benefited from everyone else’s insight and advice, and hopefully contributed some myself! I had no idea people were encouraged to communicate so much with the admissions staff, and now I regret not getting more information directly from them while building my application and writing my essay questions.

While I know they’re busy today, it really would be nice to know today rather than Monday! Hoping we get good news today!
Believe me, I am not as cool, calm, and collected as I am coming across right now. I have already gone through my phase of pessimism with this situation, but I feel it is irrational to jump to negativity because there is so much more things going on at SMU than PT ED acceptances. It is hard to come to terms with it (and way easier said than done) because SMU PT acceptances are the one thing we are focused on with that school. I do think that we should get something today.

Did you ever get your official email?
Did you ever get the official email yesterday?

Hi Kipperwok and SJSUgrad91. Yes the official email arrived. :) I already paid my deposit, signed the LOI, set up my official SMU email, and even completed my background check. I didn't want to give them time to change their mind. ;-)

Hi Kipperwok and SJSUgrad91. Yes the official email arrived. :) I already paid my deposit, signed the LOI, set up my official SMU email, and even completed my background check. I didn't want to give them time to change their mind. ;-)
Well hopefully that doesn't mean that if we haven't received anything by now that we didn't get accepted.....

Well hopefully that doesn't mean that if we haven't received anything by now that we didn't get accepted.....
Yeah. Just what I was thinking. Is it just me or is time slowing down? Hopefully SMU doesn’t read these forums and think “don’t let those two in, too intense and neurotic”! I will post as soon as I hear!

Rejected for Early admission at SMU. Into the regular applicant pool... guess I really overestimated the value of a 4.0 prerequisite/3.9 cumulative! Should have spent more time on extra curriculars.

Oh I'm sorry Kipperwok! I am sure your gpa is definitely an asset. There's time to get more volunteer and extracurriculars. It's not a rejection. Just a deferment. You're in the running!

Rejected for Early admission at SMU. Into the regular applicant pool... guess I really overestimated the value of a 4.0 prerequisite/3.9 cumulative! Should have spent more time on extra curriculars.
Kipper, Your GPA should not have even mattered. Regardless of where your GPA was attained, your scores a 167 on the verbal puts you in the 98th percentile of GRE takers. That's far more telling than a GPA. You're clearly qualified. They're idiots for not accepting you ED. You'll get in.

Kipper, Your GPA should not have even mattered. Regardless of where your GPA was attained, your scores a 167 on the verbal puts you in the 98th percentile of GRE takers. That's far more telling than a GPA. You're clearly qualified. They're idiots for not accepting you ED. You'll get in.
Thanks for saying this! I hope you’re right. My quant was not as impressive, and I know they consider many things. I guess we just have to wait and see!

Kipperwok, if you are interested in increasing your community involvement, volunteer, philanthropy and world health experience I highly recommend the Pre-Physical Therapy International Service Learning program in Mexico through ISL:
Physical Therapy | ISL

I had such an extraordinary, life confirming and life changing experience that I plan to go back again for another week in the spring and hopefully even again for another week in the summer before classes start at SMU. That's even though I have already been accepted, so that shows how amazing the experience was for me. I want to go back again just for my own experience and to help the wonderful people I met there. If you have any interest in world health and can find a way to go, I highly recommend it. They even have CEU opportunities for practicing PTs so I have been talking about it with all of the PTs I volunteer with and they may end up coming with me. :)

If you are light on volunteer or community involvement, you can try to talk to your local VA hospital too. The physical therapy department at my local VA was very helpful in mentoring me while volunteering. You can try other local hospitals too, but keep in mind many require a year long commitment (at least in my area they do). I actually like to volunteer for a year if possible because it allows you to build strong bonds with people who become mentors, references and future colleagues.

I wish you the best!

Last edited:
Kipperwok, if you are interested in increasing your community involvement, volunteer, philanthropy and world health experience I highly recommend the Pre-Physical Therapy International Service Learning program in Mexico through ISL.

I has such an extraordinary, life confirming and life changing experience that I plan to go back again for another week in the spring and hopefully even again for another week in the summer before classes start at SMU. That's even though I have already been accepted, so that shows how amazing the experience was for me. I want to go back again just for my own experience and to help the wonderful people I met there. If you have any interest in world health and can find a way to go, I highly recommend it. They even have CEUs opportunities for practicing PTs so I have been talking about it with all of the PTs I volunteer with and they may end up coming with me. :)

If you are light on volunteer or community involvement, you can try to talk to your local VA hospital too. The physical therapy department at my local VA was very helpful in mentoring me while volunteering. You can try other local hospitals too, but keep in mind many require a year long commitment (at least in my area they do). I actually like to volunteer for a year if possible because it allows you to build strong bonds with people who become mentors, references and future colleagues.

I wish you the best!

Thank you for all of your advice! If I don’t get in to a school this cycle during regular admission, I will definitely look into the VA hospital, or other community outreach programs to vary up my volunteering. All I have is Kaiser (but a lot of it) and research at UCSF. I don’t see travel in my cards as I have a baby, and this may be part of why my application didn’t come together as well as it could have; head is still half in the world of babies and being a new Mom. :) I really wasn’t focused! I did find the variety of your experiences inspiring, and feel like communicating directly with the programs is such a natural idea, I’m not sure why I thought I shouldn’t do that! If I don’t get in I will have time to be in a much better position to apply for next year!

Thanks again!

Hello all!

I'm posting this here to help others who are anxiously checking their phone, email, etc for a response from their ED school! A few of us have heard back already, a lot of us should hear soon, and unfortunately many of us will hear back at the deadline.

Post here when you hear back! This will be a great way for others to hear when their school is responding, and potential ways for students to meet each other before they enter an SPT class together.

Feel free to leave a post if you hear about someone else getting in (or rejected also!)

Acceptances:
University of Tennessee at Chatanooga
@hawkesome - Sept. 6th

Kansas University Medical Center
@ASmith_PT - Sept. 20th

California State University - Long Beach
@airchrysalisdpt - Sept. 14th
@awg234 - Sept. 14th

Duke University
@drs17 - Sept. 19th
@ttu_kin - Sept. 19th

Des Moines University
@ly1993 - Sept. 20th
@ugadpt18 - Sept. 20th

University of Delaware
@Funk95DPT - Sept. 20th

Samuel Merritt University
@Second*Adulthood*Rocks - Sept. 20th

I received my acceptance today for Early Decision Tennessee State University DPT program!

Got accepted to Samuel Merritt DPT program as well through ED. Got the call on the 20th.