• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

jammin06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Does applying early decision impair one's chance of getting a scholarship from that medical school? I figure it could have a harmful effect because the medschool knows you are committed to them, so they might be less inclined to give you a scholarship to entice you to come. Any thoughts?

felipe5

Fingerpickin' Good
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2002
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Some schools invite you to apply for financial aid after you've been accepted (like at my state-school)....in this situation, I think that applying early decision would allow your financial aid application to be viewed before the regular decision applicants, but thats just my speculation

About the Ads