early decision & mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it possible to take the august mcat and still apply for early decision to a school?

Members don't see this ad.

I would have to say no.

Schools won't get your August MCAT scores until early in November, if this year is any guidance. With early decision, you can only apply to one school. So, if only one school has your MCATs in November, and you have to wait until they decide on you to apply to other schools, you might be screwed as the AMCAS deadline is usually in October!

People on SDN has advised against EDP...do a search and you'll see what they had to say....it's very risky, but if you get in, you're very lucky

Members don't see this ad :)
I read all the posts on EDP but the simple truth is - If you really want to go to one school and you have the schools average numbers, and have a good interview with adcoms, you're most likely going to get accepted - if not as edp, then as a regular applicant. Schools are assured that you want to go there and will likely accept you.

If I remeber right, the deadline for the school to accept or reject you is Oct. 1. So, I would have to say no.

Absolutely not. You cannot take the August MCAT and apply for EDP. Not possible. As for EDP, it's the way to go if...BIG if...you are one hundred percent positive that ONE school is the one you want. Our school is nearly 100% acceptance for EDP applicants.