Early interview at non rolling school for weak stats applicant

I am a numerically weaker applicant that has received an interview invitation at a non rolling school.

I realize that on paper, the date of the interview has little bearing on receiving an acceptance. But, some well respected members on this forum have suggested that if your numbers are below average, it may be advantageous to interview earlier despite the a schools non rolling policy.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic?

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I am a numerically weaker applicant that has received an interview invitation at a non rolling school.

I realize that on paper, the date of the interview has little bearing on receiving an acceptance. But, some well respected members on this forum have suggested that if your numbers are below average, it may be advantageous to interview earlier despite the a schools non rolling policy.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this topic?
why does it matter? you got the interview invite now, which means you'll be interviewing pretty soon. i don't think postponing it voluntarily makes any sense-- best to get one under your belt.

OP

why does it matter? you got the interview invite now, which means you'll be interviewing pretty soon. i don't think postponing it voluntarily makes any sense-- best to get one under your belt.
You can interview whenever you want to schedule it. This is a great school that I would like to attend. One of the benefits of interviewing later is having some interview experience before going there. But from what Shemarty and others have said in other threads, it may be wise to do it asap.

Aggro

Metaparaorthopedic
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
San Jose, CA (Home); Miami, FL (School)
www.facebook.com
Status
Medical Student
Schedule it for the earliest date that you'd be comfortable doing it. Don't schedule it for the last week of August if you're worried that you won't be prepared, but don't postpone it 'til the end of November, either. Write out answers to common interview questions using SDN's "Interview Feedback" thing, grab a webcam, and practice answering them in front of it. Do mock interviews with your career advisory office. Give your friends $10 and make them interview you. There are many ways to get interview experience; don't push one back just for the sake of having more. No matter what, you'll be interviewing somewhere as your very first interview.

TopSecret

Removed
Jul 14, 2009
949, 310
Status
Attending Physician
Schedule it for the earliest date that you'd be comfortable doing it. Don't schedule it for the last week of August if you're worried that you won't be prepared, but don't postpone it 'til the end of November, either. Write out answers to common interview questions using SDN's "Interview Feedback" thing, grab a webcam, and practice answering them in front of it. Do mock interviews with your career advisory office. Give your friends $10 and make them interview you. There are many ways to get interview experience; don't push one back just for the sake of having more. No matter what, you'll be interviewing somewhere as your very first interview.
:thumbup: