Early interview I really want to match at

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superhero16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I posted this on the Match forum but someone suggested that the answer was specialty specific.

I interviewed this past week at a program I truly enjoyed. I will be ranking it high and although it is still early, it could very well end up being top 3. My question is what steps should I take to increase my chances (now and in Jan/Feb) of matching here considering how early I interviewed.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Despite what anyone says, second looks are usually beneficial unless it reveals too much of your true douchebaggery.

Let them know in your thank you that you are very impressed and interested. Then, if you still feel the same way after all of your interviews, send a follow-up email to the program director saying that you are still very interested. If you still plan to rank them first after all of your interviews you should tell them that in the second email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let them know in your thank you that you are very impressed and interested. Then, if you still feel the same way after all of your interviews, send a follow-up email to the program director saying that you are still very interested. If you still plan to rank them first after all of your interviews you should tell them that in the second email.

I thought that you are not allowed to state exactly where you are going to rank a program

I thought that you are not allowed to state exactly where you are going to rank a program

you can tell them you're going to rank then number x, but they cant ask you. its not a match violation so long as u volunteer the information.