Good times, for a change.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2004
San Francisco
www.predents.com
Status
Dental Student
Anyone applying for 2007 and already have interviews?

I noticed in one thread there were a few Texas students that already had interviews..
Is this normal? or a weird Texas thing?

If you have an interview for the 2007 Application Cycle, let us know
post the date and school..

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2004
Texas
Status
Dentist
4thQtrDreams said:

I noticed in one thread there were a few Texas students that already had interviews..

Texas schools start pretty early compared to the rest of the schools. They usually start interviewing in August (the time when the rest of the schools are starting to hand out interviews). I don't think applicants to any other schools have gotten interviews yet. If they did, there'd be dozens of threads saying so by now. ;)

ltd3972

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
San Antonio
Status
Dental Student
4thQtrDreams said:

Its a weird Texas thing. Texas residents are required to use the TMDSAS, a separate application service that operates similar to the AADSAS. The application was made available on May 1. And because the deadline for the TMDSAS is Oct 15, interviews generally start early. Just more proof that TX thinks its better than everyone.

About the Ads

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2002
The eye of the storm
Visit site
Status
ltd3972 said:
Its a weird Texas thing. Texas residents are required to use the TMDSAS, a separate application service that operates similar to the AADSAS. The application was made available on May 1. And because the deadline for the TMDSAS is Oct 15, interviews generally start early. Just more proof that TX thinks its better than everyone.
well texas can just kiss my a$$... no I love texas, just mad that the schools didn't show me no love.. :laugh:

keibee82

Blue_tooth...
10+ Year Member
May 8, 2006
OC
Status
Pre-Dental
hockeydentist said:
well texas can just kiss my a$$... no I love texas, just mad that the schools didn't show me no love.. :laugh:
my application has not even sent out yet damn.... :(
good luck for those of people who already invited for an interview.

1FutureDDS

Dani California
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
ltd3972 said:
And that's because Texas is better than everyone else. 3 top notch dental schools, all of which cost WAYYYYY less than the other "wannabe" schools out there.

Keep telling yourself Texas isn't better, it may buy you some time till you have to start paying back the 300k+ loan you will be taking out elsewhere.

electron

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
2007's cycle can already apply? I thought we are suppose to have everything to submit by May or June of 2007 and a DAT by atleast July 2007. Am I confused about something, someone let me know!

thanks

thehipster

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Dental Student
electron said:
2007's cycle can already apply? I thought we are suppose to have everything to submit by May or June of 2007 and a DAT by atleast July 2007. Am I confused about something, someone let me know!

thanks

For the 2007 entering class, the AADSAS application service opened up in mid May 2006. People are already sending in their applications and some have already taken the DAT while others are planning to take it in the next few months. Each school has a different deadline for when applications and DAT scores need to be sent in by, but I think you may be a little confused. I think you're thinking about the 2008 entering class? If not, then you should start working on your application because most school deadlines are in early 2007 for the 2007 entering class.

electron

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Yea, I think I was just confused. So the 2007 class will be attending their first year of dental school in autumn of 2007 correct?

I am taking my DAT in September and plan on applying May/June 2007 so I would be applying to start dental school in autumn of 2008, correct?

thanks for the quick response

tom_servo_dds

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
electron said:
Yea, I think I was just confused. So the 2007 class will be attending their first year of dental school in autumn of 2007 correct?

I am taking my DAT in September and plan on applying May/June 2007 so I would be applying to start dental school in autumn of 2008, correct?

thanks for the quick response
That's right! Best of luck :)

electron

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
when do most dental schools send out their letters of acceptance on average? I hear its a slow dreadful process.

thanks for the reply

electron

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
also if anyone could answer, do dental schools look into the grades you recieve after you apply?

About the Ads

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status
Dentist
Everything depends on the school you are applying to.

If you are trying to start Autumn 2008, then you would start hearing about interviews at the earliest in August 2007. Acceptances (via mail, phone, email, etc) start showing up in December for some schools, and January for others. Rolling acceptances continue for several months after that.

Dental schools won't usually go hunting down grades for semesters after you apply, but some people will send the schools letters containing new transcripts to show that their GPA improved, and some dental schools will ask for you to send new transcripts as part of the secondary, so you might have to show them that info. If you're asking to know whether you can let your grades start slipping after you hit the send button on AADSAS...I wouldn't...at least not until I had already gotten an acceptance.

syn_apse

Registered Loser
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2005
Status
1FutureDDS said:
And that's because Texas is better than everyone else. 3 top notch dental schools, all of which cost WAYYYYY less than the other "wannabe" schools out there.

Keep telling yourself Texas isn't better, it may buy you some time till you have to start paying back the 300k+ loan you will be taking out elsewhere.
i love your bitter posts :laugh:

HermeytheElf

10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2005
Hollywood Upstairs Dental College
Status
Pre-Dental
DoctorNick83 said:
COM Pomona: August 29
Ohio State University: September 13
Somehow I'm guessing that you aren't going to be too popular with the dental school adcoms...

munch22

10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Nova Southeastern-September 14 (my 22 birthday...anyone think that is a good sign??? I am keeping my fingers crossed!)

itsall3324453!

10+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
Austin, Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
UT Houston Aug 21st
no others yet , just re took DAT on Aug 2nd faxed it to Baylor and UTSA :scared:
Here we go.....
Best to all :D

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
California
Status
Pre-Dental
NOVA--September 15th :D
CASE--September 22nd ;)

keikei

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Lucass said:
NOVA--September 15th :D
CASE--September 22nd ;)
DId you get the invitation through email, snail mail or phone call?

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
California
Status
Pre-Dental
keikei said:
DId you get the invitation through email, snail mail or phone call?
Both of them were snail mail. I got the invite from CASE about 2 weeks ago and just heard from Nova on Friday.

X

xxxTheDonxxx

4thQtrDreams said:

case and IU :thumbup:

About the Ads