early june or early aug + 1 grade?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

netsn06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm currently working full time, taking organic 2 at a comm college, which ends at the end of may. these grades help my severely low gpa. i was originally planning on applying immediately after i receive this grade. however, i also plan on taking an eng comp course that lasts until july 28. should i wait until i'm done w/ this class before submitting to aadsas so that the first view ad coms get of me is w/ a higher gpa?

is early june that significantly different from early aug in applying? a friend informed me that i should apply early june first, then send an update in august for new grades, because in med school apps they are required to re-review your app with any changes submitted. is this how dental apps work?

thanks much.

Members don't see this ad.

How much difference is a 3.0 credit class going to make? Additionally, this won't even count towards your science GPA so I would just say apply early! My guess is the advantage of applying 2 months early outweighs the minute boost you will see in your GPA.

netsn06 said:
in med school apps they are required to re-review your app with any changes submitted. is this how dental apps work?

thanks much.

Does anybody know if this is true? I was actually wondering this myself, because I don't want schools to decide to reject me when they receive my application in like august, before I get to send them my updated grades..

Members don't see this ad :)
Gurl21 said:
Does anybody know if this is true? I was actually wondering this myself, because I don't want schools to decide to reject me when they receive my application in like august, before I get to send them my updated grades..

Anything can happen behind the closed doors. And it is not really your business to know even though it might directly affect you and your future!!

netsn06 said:
...lasts until july 28. should i wait until i'm done w/ this class before submitting to aadsas so that the first view ad coms get of me is w/ a higher gpa?

is early june that significantly different from early aug in applying?
thanks much.

2 ?s:
1. DO NOT wait until July 28th, the earlier the better.
2. I believe it is much different (June vs Aug) since most applications start arriving July/Aug. timeframe (IMO). There's a big wave of very early applicants May/June, then it starts picking up quite a bit around July/Aug when people took the DAT, etc, so it's much better to be in the first wave, or earlier wave to better position yourself.
I know of someone who applied middle of August and is having so much trouble getting interviews, granted his grades are not the best, but every time I see him he's always complaining that he wished he would have applied earlier.
Good luck in the future!!