Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

"Early Match" residencies Q

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chef, May 2, 2002.

1. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

When you apply for an early match residency spot, eg SF match for ophthy, do you have to apply separately for PGY1 year through NRMP? How does this work?

I understand that you find out about your PGY2 first in Jan and then PGY1 in March through NRMP.

2. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    try posting this in the residency forum...I bet Kim Cox will answer it. :)

3. Whisker Barrel Cortex

10+ Year Member

You are correct. Unless you find a combined program, you will have to register for, interview for, and rank separate PGY-1 year spots in the regular NRMP match.

4. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Whisker Barrel Cortex:
    <strong>You are correct. Unless you find a combined program, you will have to register for, interview for, and rank separate PGY-1 year spots in the regular NRMP match.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">dang~~ so if I match early I gotta spend 2x time & money..