early MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

destinyunbound

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post in this forum, and before i begin, just wanted to say that many of the posts in here have been very helpful. ok, so here is my question----
I was just wondering if there was anyone who had advice on wether or not to take the MCAT early. It seems that most of you are taking the MCAT either April of your junior year or the following August. I will be a junior in the fall, and I am planning on taking the MCAT this August. I am just now finishing my final physics and organic chem classes, and I am devoting the entire summer to preparing for the MCAT. I feel that everything will still be fresh in my head, so why not take it now. Anyone else feel that this is a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

If you have finished all of the pre-med classes then you could go ahead and take the test. There was a girl in my Kaplan class taking the Apr MCAT as a second year. It all depends on when YOU are ready. As for me, I could have taken the MCAT the summer before my Junior year as you are thinking. Instead I took it (this weekend) 3 years after I had taken all of my pre-med stuff. I had to go back to high school years to review basic Bio stuff even though I have my degree in Bio! It was tough. Was I better off now or taking it then??? Well, I felt most ready to take it this year. The mental preparedness was a benefit that out weighed the benefits of taking it when science classes were on my mind. If you are both mentally and academically ready then there is not much other need to wait. With the science fresh in your mind and motivation to study hard you will be in great shape!
cool.gif

Good luck!

------------------

"Just like moons and like suns...With the certainty of tides...Just like hopes springing high...Still I'll rise" -Maya Angelou "Still I Rise"

[This message has been edited by Tanya (edited 04-17-2000).]