Earning an M.D. : Too easy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGloaming

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is some fantastic data that genuinely shows plain and clear how it is much more simple to earn an MD than another certain degree. This date surely reveals everything about MD programs and is not skewed or biased in any way.

Edit: Sorry, here's the link.... http://www.yourmedicaldetective.com/drgrisanti/mddc.htm

Members don't see this ad.

you forgot something

Members don't see this ad :)
As you'll see below, it clearly shows that compared to medical colleges, chiropractic colleges require more courses for admission and more classroom hours for graduation. The documentation (see below) is a matter of public record that anyone can easily verify.
lololol. never mind that the minimum required is just a minimum, and not a comprehensive list.

oh jesus not this **** again. didnt we just do this a few weeks ago with the naturopath(?) kid?

Yeah, we've all seen this before. Let's compare practitioners of modern medicine and back crackers and see who saves the most lives.

I searched to see if this had been posted but found nothing... Close it if you must

OP, my sarcasm detector was malfunctioning.........got it fixed now though! :)

And, speaking of degrees, doesn't DO = MD + DC, at least as far as scope of practice is concerned? I don't know why anyone would want an MD or a DC diploma when then can get a DO.........crazy. (;

Last edited:
Hahah so to get into Harvard all I have to do is take pre-reqs for a year? I don't have to have an actual degree? Sweet!! This is a complete joke.

OP, my sarcasm detector was malfunctioning.........got it fixed now though! :)

And, speaking of degrees, doesn't DO = MD + DC, at least as far as scope of practice is concerned? I don't know why anyone would want an MD or a DC diploma when then can get a DO.........crazy. (;

Yep, and don't forget that ND = MD + Pharm.D, OD = MD + Ophthalmology fellowship, and DNP = MD + RN + PHD.

I don't even know why people get MDs anymore. It's just so limited.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, and don't forget that ND = MD + Pharm.D, OD = MD + Ophthalmology fellowship, and DNP = MD + RN + PHD.

I don't even know why people get MDs anymore. It's just so limited.

Crud...so by the time I'm done with my MD does that mean I get the ND badge of shame?

Lol, classic. I like how they make sure to highlight that chiropractors have to take a WHOLE SEMESTER of psych but fail to mention that Harvard requires two semesters of calculus.

I am so glad that I chose the easier option.:D

Lol this is gold.

Guys is still not always a laughing matter though (seriously). I know that for one, my immigrant mother, should she come upon that website, would actually be gullible enough to believe it. I have come across so many people in recent years that would eat that **** up that its insane. We are 'privileged' to live in this age, and to have the common sense + education to laugh at petty crap like this. Others are not so fortunate and avidly believe in scams and shams which result in substantial money loss, and worse (serious health problems). I see this analogous nonsense almost on every corner of my big city, idk how widespread scams are in smaller population towns though.

all that list told me that the chiropractic students learn less material over more hours

Smells like chiropractor compensation MD >DC.

Lol this is gold.

Guys is still not always a laughing matter though (seriously). I know that for one, my immigrant mother, should she come upon that website, would actually be gullible enough to believe it. I have come across so many people in recent years that would eat that **** up that its insane. We are 'privileged' to live in this age, and to have the common sense + education to laugh at petty crap like this. Others are not so fortunate and avidly believe in scams and shams which result in substantial money loss, and worse (serious health problems). I see this analogous nonsense almost on every corner of my big city, idk how widespread scams are in smaller population towns though.

I actually had to tell a patient the other day that her insurance would only pay for (physician-ordered) Physical Therapy or her (ongoing, useless) chiro appts. Guess which one she chose.... :scared:

I actually had to tell a patient the other day that her insurance would only pay for (physician-ordered) Physical Therapy or her (ongoing, useless) chiro appts. Guess which one she chose.... :scared:

Yeah man, that's what I am talking about! Still, things can get much much MUCH more ignorant, its insane! Its crazy how misinformed people are, and how gullible they are. A buddy of mine told me about a patient who thought his heart was in his head, and about another one who thought that doctors want to kill him and/or make him go bankrupt by ordering a bunch of noninvasive test procedures. The doctor tried to explain how it is not in the hospitals interest to kill patients or order too many tests, but the patient was certain that his conspiracy theory was true.

I live in NYC, so (not to start a flame war) I think people are not as terribly misinformed here. I have noticed that people around the coasts generally fair better in terms of being more adept at critical thinking, than in the middle states. I can't explain that though. (My hypothesis is that the coasts are immigrant heavy, so that might play a role). Btw, I don't say that to offend anyone or anything. My notions are purely benign and reflect my personal observations which admittedly, probably in the real world, count for nothing.

Yeah man, that's what I am talking about! Still, things can get much much MUCH more ignorant, its insane! Its crazy how misinformed people are, and how gullible they are. A buddy of mine told me about a patient who thought his heart was in his head, and about another one who thought that doctors want to kill him and/or make him go bankrupt by ordering a bunch of noninvasive test procedures. The doctor tried to explain how it is not in the hospitals interest to kill patients or order too many tests, but the patient was certain that his conspiracy theory was true.

I live in NYC, so (not to start a flame war) I think people are not as terribly misinformed here. I have noticed that people around the coasts generally fair better in terms of being more adept at critical thinking, than in the middle states. I can't explain that though. (My hypothesis is that the coasts are immigrant heavy, so that might play a role). Btw, I don't say that to offend anyone or anything. My notions are purely benign and reflect my personal observations which admittedly, probably in the real world, count for nothing.

This is generally seen in areas that are not isolated. The coasts would be an example (at least some areas of them), as would large cities. I wouldn't necessarily call it "better critical thinking," however, so much as broader experiences leading to less ignorance of those things others value. Being as we are both probably from fairly metropolitan/urban/suburban areas, you can bet we are both EXTREMELY ignorant of certain things, such as wilderness survival that someone who grew up in a rural area would not be.

Lmao at those numbers...wow. Just wow. I don't think there is any way DC students take twice as much anatomy, significantly more physiology and chemistry, and as much microbiology as MD/DO students. There's just no way. I refuse to believe it.

And one wonders why they compared "Parker Chiropractic College" (never heard of it, no idea where it is) to HMS. That's insane. Compare the students head to head and see which group is brighter.

I can counter with my own anecdotes, a patient asked me to put more medicine in his glasses. The Bronx is filled with *****S. I hate 95% of people from there. NYC is really ghetto and there are many ignorant people here. However, there are smart people anywhere and some of the brightest minds come here too so its very diverse in a way.

I can counter with my own anecdotes, a patient asked me to put more medicine in his glasses. The Bronx is filled with *****S. I hate 95% of people from there. NYC is really ghetto and there are many ignorant people here. However, there are smart people anywhere and some of the brightest minds come here too so its very diverse in a way.

Lol, I am from Brooklyn, I work/do research/volunteer in Manhattan, and go to school in Queens. Don't affiliate too much with Bronx, but a couple of my buddies go to Fordham and can probably agree with what you say. There is ignorance EVERYWHERE in every borough. Especially near the Project/low income areas. The people in Chinatown aren't very smart either to be honest. Still, if I had to take the average intelligence/skepticism (a positive thing in my example, since it is the opposite of gullible) in our enormous city, I'd say it is higher than elsewhere.

You and I probably experience more ignorant than other areas just because we have an enormous population, and that population tends to get sick more.

Where do you go for Optometry School? Mid-town? Or upstate?

Your state has below average rates of vaccinating children at every level, and the 2nd lowest rate in the nation of Hep B vaccinations at birth. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/stats-surv/nis/tables/1011/tab03_antigen_state_1011.pdf

Go figure.

Your state has below average rates of vaccinating children at every level, and the 2nd lowest rate in the nation of Hep B vaccinations at birth. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/stats-surv/nis/tables/1011/tab03_antigen_state_1011.pdf

Go figure.

:smack:

Thanks for the link. That is state data though not for the city. I do see what you are saying, and I repeat that I just spoke from experience. I felt that people just need to be more open minded and 'savvy' to survive here. It should still be accentuated that we have MANY low-income/underprivileged areas in all of our boroughs, and that it would make sense why that would account for the stats in the chart, and for the amount of ignorance we have. (I do sound a bit contradictory, but I hope you understand what I am saying - its been a long work day for me :sleep:)

hey shnurek: what's the deal with optometrists opening a pa school in southern cali? are you guys going to teach them medicine?

I hate to be that guy (and granted I dont know the circumstances surrounding this pt), but if a patient genuinely believes X treatment is helping their pain vs another who are you/me/anyone to tell them that they have to receive another treatment that they perceive as being less helpful?

And as far as chiropractic goes, I personally dont buy into it much...but I know plenty of bright educated people who see chiropractors and claim they get results. Could it be some sort of placebo effect? Sure. But if the placebo works..so be it. While the premise behind chiropractic may be iffy, I dont doubt people can get relief from chiropractic.

oh jesus not this **** again. didnt we just do this a few weeks ago with the naturopath(?) kid?

hey

you're just jealous

look at those flowers

I bet your medical school (MD not ND) doesn't grow their own medicines.

5165.12339.National%20College%20of%20Natural%20Medicine%202.jpg

hey

you're just jealous

look at those flowers

I bet your medical school (MD not ND) doesn't grow their own medicines.

5165.12339.National%20College%20of%20Natural%20Medicine%202.jpg

I bet this school has better landscaping than most other MD offering schools too.

Not to start an argument, but what's the point of learning all of the biochemistry, physiology, and stuff that Chiropractors have to learn if they are never going to prescribe medicine? At least NDs can write a script for antibiotics in some states.

an MD doesn't even know how to summon their patronus by the end of the second year

what a dumb degree

Those stats are stupid, they might do more in some areas during their training. However, lets talk about how much easier it is getting into Chiro school compared to an MD/DO school.

thread has taken a humorous turn. please... continue

I wonder if in Chiro schools, you have to enter the building number that is in fractions. Like you dont enter building 100 or 101, you enter 100 3/4.

Harry potter reference :)

I wonder if in Chiro schools, you have to enter the building number that is in fractions. Like you dont enter building 100 or 101, you enter 100 3/4.

Harry potter reference :)
:smack: no... just no

Not to start an argument, but what's the point of learning all of the biochemistry, physiology, and stuff that Chiropractors have to learn if they are never going to prescribe medicine? At least NDs can write a script for antibiotics in some states.

I'm also interested in getting a reply to this.

Thanks for the link. That is state data though not for the city. I do see what you are saying, and I repeat that I just spoke from experience. I felt that people just need to be more open minded and 'savvy' to survive here. It should still be accentuated that we have MANY low-income/underprivileged areas in all of our boroughs, and that it would make sense why that would account for the stats in the chart, and for the amount of ignorance we have. (I do sound a bit contradictory, but I hope you understand what I am saying - its been a long work day for me :sleep:)
According to Wikipedia population estimates, 95% of New York residents live in the metro area of NYC.

Your statements are contradictory and undermine your point. Yes, I do live in the Midwest, and yes, I do resent it when coastal states act as if the "flyover states" are full of ignorant hicks while the coasts are chock full of the intelligentsia who would never fall for such nonsense. Meanwhile, your state is full of people whose critical thinking leads them to believe that vaccinating against Hep B at birth isn't worth it.

I hate to be that guy (and granted I dont know the circumstances surrounding this pt), but if a patient genuinely believes X treatment is helping their pain vs another who are you/me/anyone to tell them that they have to receive another treatment that they perceive as being less helpful?

And as far as chiropractic goes, I personally dont buy into it much...but I know plenty of bright educated people who see chiropractors and claim they get results. Could it be some sort of placebo effect? Sure. But if the placebo works..so be it. While the premise behind chiropractic may be iffy, I dont doubt people can get relief from chiropractic.
http://whatstheharm.net/

I saw a young guy with a wife and kids who completely stroked out after a chiropractor dissected his vertebral artery. If there's no benefit in your risk:benefit ratio, then that's a pretty horrific potential outcome.

http://whatstheharm.net/

I saw a young guy with a wife and kids who completely stroked out after a chiropractor dissected his vertebral artery. If there's no benefit in your risk:benefit ratio, then that's a pretty horrific potential outcome.

so according to that website..the only real medicine is allopathic medicine and everything else are fake...

oh how can someone be so darn arrogant and close-minded!?

so according to that website..the only real medicine is allopathic medicine and everything else are fake...

oh how can someone be so darn arrogant and close-minded!?
Pointing out that the following:

Acupuncture
Alphabiotics
Alternative dentistry
Alternative medicine
Applied kinesiology
Autism denial
Ayurvedic medicine
Chelation therapy
Chiropractic
Colloidal silver
Colon cleansing
Cranio-sacral therapy
Cupping
Detoxification
Ear candling
Energy medicine
Escharotics
Folk remedies
Herbal remedies
HIV/AIDS denial
Holistic medicine
Home childbirth
Homeopathy
Iridology
Naturopathy
Osteopathy
Ozone therapy
Psychic surgery
Vaccine denial
Vitamin megadoses

...have little to no support from the scientific community is just being current with modern science. Some herbal remedies, some folk remedies, and some aspects of chiropractic/osteopathy have their place in modern society, but if pointing out to you that most of those are complete and utter bull means that I'm arrogant and narrow-minded, then consider me such.