1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Earning income while on Rotations?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Maran, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Maran

Maran Member
    7+ Year Member

My company is considering starting a program that would give medical students income opportunities during their clinical rotations. The program isn't nailed down yet, but it shouldn't really take up any time -- unlike a traditional pt job. Just stuff that could easily be done during normal daily activities (no selling.)

I was wondering, how much access the med students have to the residents/residency office/etc? Would it be realistic to hire med students to put info on bulletin boards, or distribute information?

Let me know what you think.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Magree

Magree Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi:

We all have access to the residents/ residents office and can post information. It would also depend a bit on hospital policy about soliciting/posting on hospital grounds. Probably asking residency directors about the policies at their institution would be a good idea. Most people would love to earn a bit of money during rotations - especially away rotations that can be expensive.

M-