Easier Medicine Programs

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by katz5001, Sep 10, 2002.

1. katz5001

katz5001 Member

Which medicine programs out there have a good reputation but are not as demanding or malignant?

How is Wash U? Vandy? Cornell? Others?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pepsitwist

pepsitwist Junior Member

I am not really sure by what you mean by "malignant" (everyone has their own definition) but I can tell you that being a former Vandy med student, and currently an internal medicine intern elsewhere, that I thought Vandy's medicine program was excellent- the attendings were great, teaching quality, and the schedule was not all that bad (compared to what I am doing now, anyway) I frequently think back to how great the float system was there and how a lot of the time the team signed out around 2 or 3PM on the wards, especially post call. The only problem for me is that I am more of a city person and I became claustrophobic in Nashville.
    I know that Wash U is a quality program that is not brutal as well- they have a very large intern class which makes for better coverage. Great reputation- Not sure of the hours though. Hope this helps a bit.

4. katz5001

katz5001 Member

What about Brigham and Women's in Boston?