easier schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

premeddeac

I'm interested in osteopathic medicine but unfortunately live in a state where there is not a college. I was wondering which might be some of the easier schools to get into for an out of state student with about average grades/mcat.

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently attending Nova South eastern
University in Ft lauderdale FL. I am in the speech pathology program and considering a medical career. You may want to check out Nova.

NYCOM..... New York City, baby....

Members don't see this ad :)
Well if you are from western N.C., you probably have a good shot at PCSOM and WVSOM. Our schools averages are 3.4 and 24 MCAT. But you MUST be interested in primary care. The gpa and MCAT average of those declined were higher than those accepted. I think nearly the same is true for WVSOM.

I'm at CCOM and I'm from a state lacking a osteo med school and I got many interviews and acceptances. Most D.O. schools are private have the ability to choose students without stipulation. If you want to be a doc bad enough you wouldn't consider not applying anywhere.

Des Moines University has a high percentage of out of state students.... I am a first year, we have many from Texas, west coast, east coast.... several from other midwest states too.

There are schools that are easy to get into?
Why didn't anyone tell me!?

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
"D.O. Wannabe"