Easiest majors other than..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FightingIrish01

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some easy non-science majors other than anthropology and psychology, and business?

Members don't see this ad.

Bachelors in Shopping Cart Retrievel
Nightclub Bathroom Attendant Associate's Degree in Toilet Cleaning
BS Chia Pet Grooming
BA Windshield Washing
Contemporary ashtray design scientist program
Assistant Crack ***** Technician

Seriously... in the business world, this is the order in which resumes go in the trash

1. Business Administration
2. Management
3. Marketing
4. Finance
5. Accounting

I interview many a marketing major trying to convince me they are technically competent. Then I ask them some hard finance questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say Marketing goes in first.

You don't need a single class to tell you marketing skills. Everybody is a consumer, and therefore everybody can market. It is common sense.

Finance and accounting are the only "real" business majors.

You don't need a single class to tell you marketing skills. Everybody is a consumer, and therefore everybody can market. It is common sense.

Duly noted... although most business administration majors follow the journal entry:

dr. Marketing Major
cr. Marketing classes
cr. Business Administration Major

Absolutely correct about the "real" majors... my wife always tries to squeeze economics in there, but that theoretical mumbo jumbo is tantamount to witchcraft. John Maynard Kenes and John Nash's crazy as* can chew turd.

Operations managment, supply chain and logistics, and information systems are all also "real" business majors. Marketing and General Business are crap tho.

As for easy majors, sociology is relativly easy, Philosophy isnt that hard if you dont mind a ton of reading.

lol economics is pretty hardcore. i was completely amazed when i took advanced macro econ and my professor showed me a graph of the predicted gdp on the model of the economy we were studying versus the actual gdp measured. the two graphs almost completely layed on top of each other. also i don't think finance is necessarily "easy" either. it can be pretty hardcore too depending on how deep you want to go (i.e. black scholes etc.).

easiest majors=marketing, communications, criminal justice, political science

at most schools econ is easy, hahaha but for all majors, if u want to challegen yourself, u can do it, if u don't want to challenge yourself, u can do that too.

Recreation and sports management. Be warned, it can be competitive to get into the really good programs.....you only have to test positive for d9-THC to gain entrance into a Caribbean recreation and sports management program. If you want to have a hope in hell at an top tier program you need to score above a 40 on the TCATT (Tokin' Capibility and Tolerance Test)**

**-Note, the score on the TCATT is the distance in feet from you a trained drug dog will go ape**** berserk.

In addition to what others have said, criminology, exercise science (PE), and religion are all easy majors. In fact, come to think of it, anything outside of science, engineering, or architecture seems pretty. I'm sure that someone will immediately chime in with other another difficult major.

So is Psychology generally regarded as an "easy" major?

Absolutely! It's an easy A if you have any ability to memorize stuff and reason through problems---which you'd better have both to get into medical school anyway. Keep in mind that most people are referring to the general psych degree. A neuroscience or psychobiology track will be more difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
Foreign language majors are the absolute easiest.

yea psychobio isn't easy, but it definitely isn't hardcore.

Duly noted... although most business administration majors follow the journal entry:

dr. Marketing Major
cr. Marketing classes
cr. Business Administration Major

Absolutely correct about the "real" majors... my wife always tries to squeeze economics in there, but that theoretical mumbo jumbo is tantamount to witchcraft. John Maynard Kenes and John Nash's crazy as* can chew turd.

How does your company view those with a degree in Math and Finance? It's basically combining a math degree and a finance degree. I'm thinking about majoring in that.

Recreation and sports management. Be warned, it can be competitive to get into the really good programs.....you only have to test positive for d9-THC to gain entrance into a Caribbean recreation and sports management program. If you want to have a hope in hell at an top tier program you need to score above a 40 on the TCATT (Tokin' Capibility and Tolerance Test)**

**-Note, the score on the TCATT is the distance in feet from you a trained drug dog will go ape**** berserk.

:laugh:
Ok I'll weigh in.
Easy as heck majors that you could ace even if you stayed stoned:
Communications, psychology, recreation, kinesiology, sociology.

Whoever said English Lit....man I don't know some of the humanities majors are actually pretty difficult it seems to me atleast.

Women's Studies and any other majors that have the word studies attached to it.....:D

:laugh:
Ok I'll weigh in.
Easy as heck majors that you could ace even if you stayed stoned:
Communications, psychology, recreation, kinesiology, sociology.

Whoever said English Lit....man I don't know some of the humanities majors are actually pretty difficult it seems to me atleast.

They're difficult for me sometimes too but then I've never met anyone who is intelligent from those major types.

Any kind of cultural studies, unless you get evil profs.
Sociology.
Philosophy.

Coincidentally, the latter two were my majors. (And hence the hard science minoring....)

If you're good at math, math.

Oh, I forgot the easiest: Computer Science.

How does your company view those with a degree in Math and Finance? It's basically combining a math degree and a finance degree. I'm thinking about majoring in that.

This is an amazing combo. A real 1-2 punch. The only thing better is Math and Computer science... I meet quants every day who hardly know how to speak English, but speak the language of love (for hedge funds anyway). CS and Math will allow you to develop models that have been the rage at funds for some time now. The key to financial modeling is to understand how a model fits a particular financial problem or theory (finance/math) and then integrating it (CS). This is a difficult proposition because understanding higher math does not always correlate with the finance/accounting aspects of modeling. So here is what I think you should do:

-Math with some scattered Finance classes and elementary accounting... maybe even a fin statement analysis class if offered
-CS (learn C++, VB, Matlab because these are huge things we use in modeling)

Alternatively, mechanical engineering (although quite boring) can put you on the map. I have a collegue at a fund making $400K a year SALARY + up to 100% bonus... His degree? EE/ME.

English Literature.

Speak for yourself on this one... I am ******ed when it comes to literature and even worse when it comes to grammer. I grew up in England, and still dont comprehend what Billy Shakes was talking about. And what the hell is a gerund anyway?

Oh, I forgot the easiest: Computer Science.

at our school chemistryis MUCH MUCH easier than computer science, hehe, but that is just our school. like i keep stressing, the major is what you make it out to be

Out of most classes I've taken, I've found economics and math (in general) to provide the most clear-cut answers to applicable questions. Is economics easy at my school? Yes, probably. However, it has also provided the most applicable set of information out of my lectures. It isn't memorization, it isn't applying equation after equation, and it isn't about questionable marketing techniques. Hence why it's my major.

But to answer the title of the thread: economics = easy. As far as knowledge base? I feel we kick business admins ass, same with marketing. Yeah BITCHES!

Even easier: polisci (my minor), SFL, business, communications, PR...foreign language.

Without a doubt, the easiest majors are art and telecom.

Foreign language

I think that would depend on the language......I would think Chinese or something along those lines would be rather difficult to learn to the point of obtaining a bachelors in it.

Maybe...But like most things in college, you aren't going to be an expert because of the few classes you'll take. Most are supportish courses, such as literature in the target language, and who cares about that boring ****?

DKM, my homie, why are you going to DC and then Chicago?

I think that would depend on the language......I would think Chinese or something along those lines would be rather difficult to learn to the point of obtaining a bachelors in it.

as would arabic ;)

Only Arabic is extremely fun and interesting.

Are you studying Arabic?

Only Arabic is extremely fun and interesting.

Are you studying Arabic?

I might take a class or 2, but I probably will not major/minor in it. I havent taken a class yet, but I heard its extremely difficult but still really interesting :)

This is an amazing combo. A real 1-2 punch. The only thing better is Math and Computer science... I meet quants every day who hardly know how to speak English, but speak the language of love (for hedge funds anyway). CS and Math will allow you to develop models that have been the rage at funds for some time now. The key to financial modeling is to understand how a model fits a particular financial problem or theory (finance/math) and then integrating it (CS). This is a difficult proposition because understanding higher math does not always correlate with the finance/accounting aspects of modeling. So here is what I think you should do:

-Math with some scattered Finance classes and elementary accounting... maybe even a fin statement analysis class if offered
-CS (learn C++, VB, Matlab because these are huge things we use in modeling)

Alternatively, mechanical engineering (although quite boring) can put you on the map. I have a collegue at a fund making $400K a year SALARY + up to 100% bonus... His degree? EE/ME.

Cool, thanks. Yeah I already took a course in C++, did really well in it. Still have to take a course or two in programming for my degree requirements. I'm battling between going into med and just going into business, actually.

And funny you should mention that, I'm currently a mech E. major, and wanting to swtich into math/finance because of that exact reason (mech e's very boring).

at most schools econ is easy, hahaha but for all majors, if u want to challegen yourself, u can do it, if u don't want to challenge yourself, u can do that too.

at my school econ is not easy at all. it's freakin' awful.

easiest major is definitely Biological science !

Maybe...But like most things in college, you aren't going to be an expert because of the few classes you'll take. Most are supportish courses, such as literature in the target language, and who cares about that boring ****?

DKM, my homie, why are you going to DC and then Chicago?
Work for 3-6 months (contract work at a hospital) in DC and then back to Chicago (or somewhere else possibly.....depends on where I get a permanent job at and where my girlfriend gets into grad school) for school.....

Cool, thanks. Yeah I already took a course in C++, did really well in it. Still have to take a course or two in programming for my degree requirements. I'm battling between going into med and just going into business, actually.

And funny you should mention that, I'm currently a mech E. major, and wanting to swtich into math/finance because of that exact reason (mech e's very boring).

either way, I think you will be OK. If you are doing well in C, then I think you will do well whatever you do. Just my perspective, business world will definitely earn you more loot, but when you start soul searching like I am ten year into a consulting career, it really requires effort to get the MD thing off the ground.

As far as ME and Math, I think there is a point where all the higher functions of science meet and boil down to about the same thing. But a Math major leaves nothing to question regarding your crunching abilities.

Not at my school...people always assume it will be, so classes are full of slackers. However, most people get Ds in upper-level classes because they actually are quite difficult.

I do agree with whoever said Comm Studies was an easy major. I was going to minor in it but found the classes so tedious and boring that I dropped it and started learning a new language instead.

Foreign language majors are the absolute easiest.

Geez...I wish mine was. I have to read roughly 500 pages of dense material per class per week....not to mention the ungodly amount of essays and in class discussions, and films I have to watch on my own time.

Geez...I wish mine was. I have to read roughly 500 pages of dense material per class per week....not to mention the ungodly amount of essays and in class discussions, and films I have to watch on my own time.
Agreed. Not to mention the internship I'll be doing as a paramedic with the DRK (German Red Cross) will make my foreign language major anything but easy.

outdoor recreation leadership and tourism.... :laugh:

folklore and mythology. real major.

Some kid told me last night that he majored in "Safety." Sounded pretty easy. Now he says that he can't find a job.

I have heard that Family and Consumer Sciences is fairly easy...

What are some easy non-science majors other than anthropology and psychology, and business?

I resent that remark. My average for my premed classes is ~88, my average for my psychology classes (doing psychology major) is ~84.

Easy majors where I am that I know about- Family resources, BA in the Classics (2 years of latin and greek, make up the rest of your schedule, I found latin to be pretty easy)

Do psychology classes count as part of your science GPA? I've always wondered, because, at my school, the psychology major is offered as a BS by the science department. If I could take a bunch of (supposedly) easy psychology courses and boost my science GPA sky-high, that would be sweet...

English Literature.

Yes, I would guess that English Literature would be an easier major. I've always seemed to get "A's" in the English courses I took for undergrad.

I'm in a position where I need additional prereqs for med school and need to raise my pathetic undergrad GPA (after pursuing two masters degrees in education and MBA at high GPA's). So I've thought about getting a second BA in English/pre-med while I continue to work and save some money for med school.