Easiest Pharmacy Schools to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinkAerie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just wondering what schools are out there for students who've done..."poorly" in their first 1-2 years of school. Any pharmacy schools that are at least somewhat possible to get into for a student in my situation?

(Here's my story in case you haven't read before: I failed 3 courses (None of those being science courses, but one was a math course) in the first semester, and got 2 A's, 2 C's, 1 D in my second semester. In the third semester of school, I was still in the dorms and attempted to take physics and chemistry 102. Big mistake. Not to mention that I had taken accounting (intermediate). Result: I failed 2 classes (physics + accounting), and got a D in chem.

After this, I came home sophomore year and took a small load at a CC (15 credits, 4.0 GPA). Around this time, I switched majors to Psych and thought I was done with pharmacy. But I ended up getting a National Certification for Pharmacy Technicians and got a job working at a retail pharmacy. Last semester (I'm a junior), I took a 20 course load, including a Physiological Psyc class and a Stat course. I easily managed a 4.0. I also had retaken physics at CC and earned a B (probably would've been an A if I hadn't also been working 20-30 hrs a week). At the moment, I'm taking 23 credits, including genetics, neuroscience, second part of stat course, and a perception course, as well as doing research for academic credit.)

Any schools that would remotely accept me if I took the remaining courses at a CC? Prospects grim even for "Easy" schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,
Just wondering what schools are out there for students who've done..."poorly" in their first 102 years of school. Any pharmacy schools besides USN that are at least somewhat possible to get into for a student in my situation?

(Here's my story in case you haven't read before: I failed 3 courses (None of those being science courses, but one was a math course) in the first semester, and got 2 A’s, 2 C’s, 1 D in my second semester. In the third semester of school, I was still in the dorms and attempted to take physics and chemistry 102. Big mistake. Not to mention that I had taken accounting (intermediate). Result: I failed 2 classes (physics + accounting), and got a D in chem.

After this, I came home sophomore year and took a small load at a CC (15 credits, 4.0 GPA). Around this time, I switched majors to Psych and thought I was done with pharmacy. But I ended up getting a National Certification for Pharmacy Technicians and got a job working at a retail pharmacy. Last semester (I’m a junior), I took a 20 course load, including a Physiological Psyc class and a Stat course. I easily managed a 4.0. I also had retaken physics at CC and earned a B (probably would’ve been an A if I hadn’t also been working 20-30 hrs a week). At the moment, I’m taking 23 credits, including genetics, neuroscience, second part of stat course, and a perception course, as well as doing research for academic credit.)

Any schools that would remotely accept me if I took the remaining courses at a CC? Prospects grim even for "Easy" schools?

Hi PinkAerie,
I personally don't know any easy schools to get into, but i'm wondering where did you get the idea that USN is somewhat easy to get into? :rolleyes:

Yeah are you kidding me? USN is pretty damn hard to get into.

And good lord how many "easy pharm school?" threads are there?

And...I couldn't resist...102 years of school? haha

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no such thing as an easy school. First, you would need to research schools which let u do a retake without penalizing u. Taking a heavy course load like 23 credits per semester can be detrimental, where you find urself not doing as well in all ur courses. Especially if you have to work. Trust me it is better to have good grades with abt 15-16 credits than 23 credits with a series of C's.

I am having a hard time myself but there may be some carribean schools out there. From what I heard you can graduate there and take an entrance exam in the states to practice here.

I didn't mean to offend anyone by making that remark, I just had heard from a majority of my classmates that USN had some sort of "academic forgiveness" policy that made it "easier" to get in. Didn't mean to imply that it was super easy to get in, but that it was *possibly* a more favorable choice for students who have done poorly?

UCSF is pretty f-ing easy to get into! All you have to do is apply!!!:smuggrin:

I actually hear that USN is one of the toughest schools to get into. If you don't have at least a 3.7, then you have no chance for an interview. That's all they look at...GPA, nothing else. LOR's, work experience, PCATs does not help you and doesn't matter which school you came from. If you went to Harvard and got like a 3.4 in prereqs, I bet they still won't interview you versus getting a 3.8 at CC where they will definitely interview you (which I find very, very odd and unfair). Regardless, USN is not easy by all means...and there are no "easy" pharmacy schools to get into. I am from vegas and I didn't apply to USN b/c I knew for a fact I wouldn't get in with my low to mid 3 GPA, but I did get in elsewhere ;)

You should try to raise your GPA close to a 3.0, at least the high 2's. And definitely focus on you're science/pre-req GPA. Showing an upward trend is good. I would also take the PCATs and try to score above a 95 Composite...I think I saw threads where people got in with like a 2.7-2.8 GPA with a 99 Composite. You just have to shoot for an interview...the more schools you apply to, the more chances you will have getting interviews. Good luck!

south nevada university.

There is no easy school to get into, but pre-candidate and candidate schools are generally easier to get into.

I think that BUBBA U is pretty easy to get in to.....Only catch is they have a "street pharmacist" program, not a pharm D.

Hawaii Pacific University is pretty easy to get into. You should definitely apply there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that BUBBA U is pretty easy to get in to.....Only catch is they have a "street pharmacist" program, not a pharm D.

Oh Pharmer_Andy, you makea me laugh :)
I look forward to meeting you in the fall!

I didn't mean to offend anyone by making that remark, I just had heard from a majority of my classmates that USN had some sort of "academic forgiveness" policy that made it "easier" to get in. Didn't mean to imply that it was super easy to get in, but that it was *possibly* a more favorable choice for students who have done poorly?

:) I see what you mean, Yes, there is a catagory where you can check for a academic forgiveness for USN.
However, what academic forgiveness means if you have done poorly before, then they want to see your new better grades now, that is:
for example: all D's and F's, what so ever...., then retake them with A's , and I mean it with A's, to make it strong and to prove that you're one smart student too, and because of some hardship and difficulties that you have to go through that causes you to fail most of your classes.. and I mean, maybe 1 semester or 2 semesters consecutively then it's okay, but if you have D's and F's and C's through out your undergrad years, then I will find it very difficult to explain. However, you have to make it all A's again no matter what!!
The stats of accepted students for USN last year was
Average gpa: 3.7
accepted 227 for both Henderson and South Jordan out of more than 1600 applicants.
I once took Genetic, Ochem II, Physiology, anatomy, and microbio, all have labs at once, and working part time, and ended with all A's, because I know I can handle it. If you think you can't do it then I recommend you not to take so many hard classes at once, take it slow and get A's instead of falling down hard, it's like an irreversible situation.
good luck PinkAerie
Tofu

There is no such thing as an easy school. First, you would need to research schools which let u do a retake without penalizing u. Taking a heavy course load like 23 credits per semester can be detrimental, where you find urself not doing as well in all ur courses. Especially if you have to work. Trust me it is better to have good grades with abt 15-16 credits than 23 credits with a series of C's.

I actually plan on doing 23 credits next semester, and I don't plan on getting a series of C's. In fact, I plan on getting straight As, if not nearly straight As, perhaps a litter of A- or one B+ from Biochemistry. Also, it's not like I will be studying and doing homework all the time either. I am going to do research, which racks up to 16-25 hours a week, and I plan on running for an officer position for a club, which right now, seems to be the President position :rolleyes:.

To the OP, iIt's really all just about planning and time management, and if you can do that, then I think you're good to go!

Of course there are some schools that are easier than the rest to get into. My friend got into some school in virginia with a 2.9 gpa and he failed like 4 courses with an F and retook them and he failed these courses like year 3 and 4, not just early years so yes, that would be an easy school I suppose. Carribean schools are easy i've heard.

The reason USN is easy is if you messed up a lot. The academic forgiveness will help you. Basically, if you ask for academic forgiveness, you have to take I believe 10-12 courses within a 5 year period and they will only look at those 10-12 courses. The sucky part about this is that if you took, say English 101 which long ago, you'd have to take it again since it has have been taken in the last 5 years. I was considering this because I went back to school at a CC to do my pharmacy prereqs so I just needed like 3 more classes and I would of had a 4.0 if USN only considered my academic forgivness classes, the bad part for me was that I had to take General Chem over again and also English.

Easy schools to get into are usually private pharmacy schools without a big name.

If you wanted easier schools, I would consider Howard, Chicago State University, California Northstate, MidWestern, LECOM. The last two are pretty established but they take a lot of people from out of state, so many seem to apply.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think USN only takes the forgiveness if the classes were taken at least 5 years ago. Another school that pops up in my head is University of Toledo in Ohio. I don't know if they're still doing it, but they used to let you repeat courses (as many as you want, but you can only repeat once) and would only calculate the higher grade. There's a downside to that, their average GPA a few years ago was 3.8 due to that reason, so if you plan to apply there, you need to get all A's. What is your overall GPA right now? There are schools that weigh the pre-req GPA more than the overall GPA. I'd consider applying to private and new schools. If you can get your GPA to be above 3.0, I think you have a pretty decent shot. There are a lot of threads on this site of people getting into schools with GPA below 3.0. There are other things that also factor into it, but you need to look for schools that care about the other factors instead of just focusing on GPA.

Midwestern and LECOM are not easy schools to get in.

Midwestern and LECOM are not easy schools to get in.

I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, all schools even the ones I said are competitive. But in the whole scheme of things, MidWestern and LECOM are easier because they are both private schools and take a lot of out of staters. Some schools just straight out reject you if you are from out of state but those schools take a good portion of their class from out of state, hence easy to get into.

It sounds to me like you are trying to do way too many things. If you are serious about going to pharm school keep the work experience up and limit your course load a little. I don't want to sound snotty, but getting A's in your other classes is not gonna make up for getting B/C's in your pre-pharm classes. Focus on getting your sciene grades up. Also, you might not be able to get into certain programs if all your pre-req classes are taken at a CC but that probably depends on the program.

In all seriousness...

South Harmon Institute of Technology :D

Look it up, all you need is the deposit! .. and there you are. ACCEPTANCE is on its way!

That is not a pharmacy school

Hawaii Pacific University is pretty easy to get into. You should definitely apply there!

Whoops I am still new to this. Anyway, again, that is not a pharmacy school

no matter where you apply, you have to put a lot of energy, time and money!! So, there is no such thing as easiest pharmacy school to get into!!! But, if you really want to be a pharmacist just do it!! :luck:

there is no such things as easy my friend...look at preqs because each school is different

Univ. of Washington looks easy
Total PharmCAS completed applications received: 525
Number interviewed - 161
Number accepted - 97
Minimum overall prerequisite GPA considered - 3.0

Univ. of seus.
Total PharmCAS completed applications received: 195
Number interviewed - 190
Number accepted - 180
Average G.P.A - 2.85

:D:laugh::rolleyes:

I'm not saying it's a walk in the park, all schools even the ones I said are competitive. But in the whole scheme of things, MidWestern and LECOM are easier because they are both private schools and take a lot of out of staters. Some schools just straight out reject you if you are from out of state but those schools take a good portion of their class from out of state, hence easy to get into.

I think your logic is a bit faulty... there is no preference to residence at private schools, however this does not mean they are easier to gain admissions to. I have a friend (an Arizona resident) who was waitlisted at Midwestern and accepted to 2 out of state schools- go figure.

In all seriousness...

Look it up, all you need is the deposit! .. and there you are. ACCEPTANCE is on its way!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

In all seriousness...

Hahaha. You made my day when I figured out what that really meant.:lol::thumbup:

Interesting - where else did she apply? and it seems to me that you rather proved moolman's point...

Last edited:
That would be the 0-6 programs that they set up at Massachusett. Of course, it's expensive for out of state students. It's usually reserved for rejected New Englanders who can't get into brand name institutions.

Back from the dead.
zombies.jpg

Univ. of Washington looks easy
Total PharmCAS completed applications received: 525
Number interviewed - 161
Number accepted - 97
Minimum overall prerequisite GPA considered - 3.0

Univ. of seus.
Total PharmCAS completed applications received: 195
Number interviewed - 190
Number accepted - 180
Average G.P.A - 2.85

:D:laugh::rolleyes:

I know the first school Univ. of Washington. But I cannot find the second school "Unic. of Seus." Can you please help me. Give me more clearly information about that school.

I think all the schools should be easy to get into since over the past five years the number of schools have doubled from 63 to 126.... real easy to get into. getting accepted is the easy part... the pain begins after graduation when you realize how much money and time you just wasted entering an overly supplied field.

i think all the schools should be easy to get into since over the past five years the number of schools have doubled from 63 to 126.... Real easy to get into. Getting accepted is the easy part... The pain begins after graduation when you realize how much money and time you just wasted entering an overly supplied field.

+1

Hi guys,
Just wondering what schools are out there for students who've done..."poorly" in their first 1-2 years of school. Any pharmacy schools that are at least somewhat possible to get into for a student in my situation?

(Here's my story in case you haven't read before: I failed 3 courses (None of those being science courses, but one was a math course) in the first semester, and got 2 A's, 2 C's, 1 D in my second semester. In the third semester of school, I was still in the dorms and attempted to take physics and chemistry 102. Big mistake. Not to mention that I had taken accounting (intermediate). Result: I failed 2 classes (physics + accounting), and got a D in chem.

After this, I came home sophomore year and took a small load at a CC (15 credits, 4.0 GPA). Around this time, I switched majors to Psych and thought I was done with pharmacy. But I ended up getting a National Certification for Pharmacy Technicians and got a job working at a retail pharmacy. Last semester (I'm a junior), I took a 20 course load, including a Physiological Psyc class and a Stat course. I easily managed a 4.0. I also had retaken physics at CC and earned a B (probably would've been an A if I hadn't also been working 20-30 hrs a week). At the moment, I'm taking 23 credits, including genetics, neuroscience, second part of stat course, and a perception course, as well as doing research for academic credit.)

Caribbean pharmacy schools are pretty easy to get in.

I don't think any school that grants acceptances to approximately 35-45% of their applicant pool can claim to be "tough to get into" or "highly selective".

Maybe its just me, but at that point its a helluva lot more like flipping a coin.

Not that it matters anyways.

I don't want OP to be my provider >_> C and D don't cut it... that's like having a doc with tons of Ds as their grade.

Start getting As then you might have a chance...

Any easy pharmacy schools in Califonia?

No. Doesn't matter if a school's easy to get into or not, you'd better be up to par to pass all the classes and the boards afterwards.

There are no schools in CA that are "easy" to get into. Even CNCP has become just as competitive as the rest after having graduated its first class and is on its way to receiving full accreditation, if it has not already done so yet.

Last edited:
I don't want OP to be my provider >_> C and D don't cut it... that's like having a doc with tons of Ds as their grade.

Start getting As then you might have a chance...

Agreed. Bottom feeders will always be just that unless proven otherwise.