Easiest Schools for Canadians?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canadachris

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a Canadian student applying to US dental schools this cycle.
My GPA is 3.3, and my DAT scores are all 21-22.
Other than NYU, BU, and Midwestern, which schools that accept Canadians would you recommend I apply to?
Thank you very much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I have to agree and say that Detroit and buffalo do seem to accept more Canadians than other schools. There are 2 I believe in my class at Maryland. How is NYU with accepting Canadians? Can anyone chime in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Only 4 Canadians enrolled at Buffalo in the past 3 cycles (from 2014). So I wouldn't say they accept "a lot" of Canadians. Unless Canadians get accepted but decline their offer (which I doubt happens frequently).

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Compare that to NYU which usually has 45 Canadians enrolled per cycle/year.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I can tell you that if you're a Canadian applying to dental school in the US, you have a good shot with UDM, Maryland, NYU, and MWU-AZ (so pretty much every one I received an interview at). Since the Canadian dollar is so horrible at the moment, you should make UDM your top priority since you can live in Canada (in Windsor) and cross the boarder every day to get to school (which is actually only 5 minutes over the boarder). About 35-40% of UDM's class is Canadian and they have said themselves that they are very Canadian friendly (ex. you will have the ability to practice in Canada after 4 years since they offer a liceesure course in 4th year).

P.S. school at UDM is costing me $548,000 CAD for 4 years all expenses, and NYU which I was also accepted to would have cost me $691,000 CAD for 4 years all expenses.

Reactions: 1 users
I can tell you that if you're a Canadian applying to dental school in the US, you have a good shot with UDM, Maryland, NYU, and MWU-AZ (so pretty much every one I received an interview at). Since the Canadian dollar is so horrible at the moment, you should make UDM your top priority since you can live in Canada (in Windsor) and cross the boarder every day to get to school (which is actually only 5 minutes over the boarder). About 35-40% of UDM's class is Canadian and they have said themselves that they are very Canadian friendly (ex. you will have the ability to practice in Canada after 4 years since they offer a liceesure course in 4th year).

P.S. school at UDM is costing me $548,000 CAD for 4 years all expenses, and NYU which I was also accepted to would have cost me $691,000 CAD for 4 years all expenses.

do you mind sharing your stats when u applied? and maybe some interview tips:D
I have an interview at UDM next month and im very nervous.
my stats are s3.52, o3.43, 22AA, 24TS, 20PAT
Thank you.