Program-Specific Info / Q's East Carolina MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing for me either! This is crazy :(

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mid-to-late February – Notifications will go out by email regarding Accepted Student List andAlternate List. Denials will go out at a later date once spots in the program are filled. Official notification of acceptance and denial will follow from the ECU Graduate School for Phase Two applicants by postal mail.

Late February – Early March - The Admissions Committee and Director of Admissions will continue to fill the seats in the class based on the list of Accepted Students and Alternate List. Since each student is given a window of time to make a decision, this process may take a few weeks, and this depends on how quickly students respond with their decisions. Approximately two weeks AFTER all selections have been made, ALL remaining Phase Two applicants will receive an official decision letter (both accepted and denied applicants) from the Graduate School.

That is what the website says... Kind of disheartening! SO let's hope that they are just behind and haven't sent out any letters yet since tomorrow is the last day of February!

Reactions: 1 user
me too! it is my top choice and I really hope we hear soon. good luck :) are you in state or out of state?

Have you heard anything after you completed your interview? I am out of state and have not heard anything yet.

I checked my status on the graduate admission website and it still says "under review by program"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
All I do all day is refresh my email constantly. still waiting :(

Reactions: 1 users
Either none of us got into ECU or they are running behind schedule.. My friend applied to ECU's counseling graduate school and another applied to a graduate education degree and they both found out the same day on Thursday last week so I thought maybe the Graduate School sends out EVERYTHING then, but maybe not. I creeped (lol Im pathetic, I know) and found their accepted class Facebook page which wasn't created until March 7th last year so maybe they're getting out acceptances the first few days of March? It's my first choice and all I do is refresh my email every 20 minutes.. it is driving me insane- I just want to know!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Either none of us got into ECU or they are running behind schedule.. My friend applied to ECU's counseling graduate school and another applied to a graduate education degree and they both found out the same day on Thursday last week so I thought maybe the Graduate School sends out EVERYTHING then, but maybe not. I creeped (lol Im pathetic, I know) and found their accepted class Facebook page which wasn't created until March 7th last year so maybe they're getting out acceptances the first few days of March? It's my first choice and all I do is refresh my email every 20 minutes.. it is driving me insane- I just want to know!
Hahahaha I did the same exact thing. My stomach is in knots waiting. I'm in the same boat as you.

Your not insane!! I check mine and this page every 5 minutes. Super hard to focus on my last semester of undergrad when I'm not sure where going this summer or fall haha. I also doubt that all of Us got rejected! ECU is my number one as well

SAME! Im in an internship as part of my last semester and I feel like I can't focus because every time my phone buzzes I expect an email from ECU. Not to mention my parents calling me every day asking haha

SAME! Im in an internship as part of my last semester and I feel like I can't focus because every time my phone buzzes I expect an email from ECU. Not to mention my parents calling me every day asking haha
YES! So nice to be able to relate to someone. I go to UNCW so I keep asking friends from ECU to creep and listen for me haha.

It's my top choice too, so it makes waiting even harder I'm out of state but I worked in NC this summer. I toured ECU's program and loved it!

Anyone?! Any calls, emails, or letters?

Just got an email saying that they are reviewing applications, and a decision will be made by the end of next week

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an email saying that decisions will be sent by the end of this week! So good news lol, we haven't all been rejected!

Just got an email saying that decisions will be sent by the end of this week! So good news lol, we haven't all been rejected!
yay!! Now to stress for the next four days ;)

Either today or tomorrow!! Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I <3 this waiting game its sooooooo much fun guys!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) !!!!!!!!

Anyone else been refreshing this feed more times than you would like to admit?

Anyone else been refreshing this feed more times than you would like to admit?
Every free chance along with the email! haha I just want to know, good or bad

May the odds be ever in our favor.

I got on the alternate list as well, pretty bummed about that

Didn't make it but congrats to you all! Its a super exciting season and we will all make great OT's!

Didn't make it but congrats to you all! Its a super exciting season and we will all make great OT's!

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you have other great opportunities coming your way! I look forward to seeing you in the field one day :)

Also, just wanted to let y'all that are on the waitlist know that the deadline to accept is Mon, March 13 at 3:30, so hopefully it won't be too much longer of a wait for you!

Does anyone know when we'll hear back about the clinical scholar application?

Did you get a denial email? Or just no email. I haven't received an email either and was pretty much assuming I was out also. Just wanted to see.

Did you get a denial email? Or just no email. I haven't received an email either and was pretty much assuming I was out also. Just wanted to see.
I received an email about 20 minutes ago.

Didn't get in either, but congratulations to all that have!! We are all going to do great things in the world of OT and I'm excited to see it first hand.

I just got my denial as well ;(

Good luck to everyone!! Feel free to post wherever you are going even if it is unrelated to ECU! We all have worked so hard and I am sure great things will happen!! :)

Anyone have any prior advice on ECU Alternate list? It seems a lot more clear and definite than MUSC's waitlist. I have a deposit due for Lenoir Rhyne that is almost $1000 on March 13th so I hope there is a chance I hear back this week?

I just got my denial as well ;(
Me too. Bummed but so happy for you all who got in! Also, so grateful for this forum. It's been nice to feel some solidarity in this crazy process! Haha Good Luck to all you guys on your future endeavors!

I got pulled from the alternate list yesterday and just declined my spot this morning. Hopefully someone else will get my spot today! Good luck everyone!