East Carolina

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by goldenjims, Dec 21, 2001.

1. goldenjims

goldenjims Junior Member

Had an interview here way back in September and still have not heard anything! Very interesting since they said 4-6 weeks from the interview date.
    I have been acccepted by a couple of other schools but ECU is my top choice. Anyone have any advice about how to let ECU know this without being pushy? Phone call? Letter? or just sit tight?

I did call them about a 2-3 weeks ago and they said "Your file is under review." I have since been accepted to a couple of schools so things have changed a little. Pretty generic response...I wish they would just shoot me straight so I can move on.

Good luck to all!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. j99

j99 Member

That is odd that they haven't told you anything at all. It seemed by the info session that they would at least give you SOME kind of notification by this point.

I'm interested--why is ECU your top choice? Have you interviewed with UNC yet? I did enjoy my ECU interview, but I don't interview with UNC until Jan 6--so I'm reserving judgment until then.

Good luck with hearing back from them...

4. catengr

catengr Junior Member

I interviewed at ECU this month. They told me that they didn't really have rolling admissions, that I probably wouldn't find out anything until April or May.

I got the same story from UNC. Why are they so slow?

5. goldenjims

goldenjims Junior Member

I'm not really sure why they are that way. ECU is probably my top choice because it is such a more laid back environment than Chapel Hill...at least from friends I know there. Chapel Hill has all the history and everyone wants to go there...ECU is the relatively new school that people apply to because they cant get into Wake, Duke, are UNC. They know it too because they asked every applicant in my session if they were applying to the other 3 in state schools and what there plan was if they accepted to ECU and at least another one....I hate those questions but they def. want to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that students want to come to ECU, rather than just having it as a back up. I like that!

I do interview at Chapel Hill on Jan. 16 so we will see what happens once I have some info from them.