East Coast Decisions to California mailboxes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kakashi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Anyone else frustrated hearing about decisions being sent and received when those of us on the other side of the country won't receive them until a week or even two weeks after we read about it here? Can we use this thread to track when decisions from schools on the east coast / midwest reach your mailboxes in California? Thanks!

Anyone hear from Northwestern or Duke in California yet by mail?

Members don't see this ad.

kakashi said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone else frustrated hearing about decisions being sent and received when those of us on the other side of the country won't receive them until a week or even two weeks after we read about it here? Can we use this thread to track when decisions from schools on the east coast / midwest reach your mailboxes in California? Thanks!

I got a letter from Northwestern earlier this week. I hear that a lot of their mail should be on its way out here. Have you checked your status on their webpage? It might give you an idea of how soon to start checking your mailbox every five minutes =) Check out the "official northwestern notification thread" --it's quite thorough.
Don't know anything about Duke though, sorry.

kakashi said:
Hey Guys,

Everything I received in California from the east coast made it here within 2-3 days of the postmark date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that must be really frustrating. :rolleyes:

At least you get mail from cali schools quicker than the rest of us.

Try living in TX, hundred and hudreds of miles away from any reputable insitution of medicine.

Unfortunately, the California schools don't seem to want to keep me around! I got my NW waitlist yesterday - exactly 1 week after the postmark on the envelope.

got a thin white envelope from columbia here in california today (near sf); postmarked 3/1/05.

kakashi said:
Hey Guys,

hah! we can have a race. pm me your address - i live in raleigh. we'll see which comes first, Duke or seethrew!!! i am v. nearby Duke and haven't received notice.