East coast OT schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emjay87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to MSOT schools on the east coast and/or heard anything back as of yet? :confused: I am tired of waiting... I applied to VCU and was rejected. If you haven't heard anything from them as of now, consider yourself excluded. :(

I would like to apply to other schools for the fall deadline. Any recommendations? Where have you guys applied?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to a lot of small schools. Last year I applied to 5 and wasn't accepeted to any. This year I applied to 13 schools just to make sure I was accepted somewhere.

Schools on the East Coast I have been accepted are:
-Utica College
-Bay Path College
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
-American International College
- Waitlisted at D'youville

From the east coast I am still waiting to hear from
- NYU
-Columbia
- Springfield College

I'm anxious to hear from the bigger name schools as the ones I have been accepted to would like for me to make a decision very soon. Only one school has sent me their financial aid package. This is one of the major factors that will determine my decision.

Good Luck!

I applied to a lot of small schools. Last year I applied to 5 and wasn't accepeted to any. This year I applied to 13 schools just to make sure I was accepted somewhere.

Schools on the East Coast I have been accepted are:
-Utica College
-Bay Path College
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
-American International College
- Waitlisted at D'youville

- NYU
-Columbia
- Springfield College

I'm anxious to hear from the bigger name schools as the ones I have been accepted to would like for me to make a decision very soon. Only one school has sent me their financial aid package. This is one of the major factors that will determine my decision.

Good Luck!

Congrats on the acceptance! I also applied to NYU. I would hate to wait another year to get in somewhere. I want to get this ball rolling now! I also applied to smaller/lower ranked schools:

Shenandoah University
Howard University
Towson

I was pretty confident on VCU as I graduated from there almost 2 years ago. I wanted to stay in VA/MD area but NYU would be an adventure I'm willing to take! If I do have to wait another year to reapply, I know to apply to more schools (thanks to this OT forum). I thought 5 was enough. Better safe than sorry! Good luck to you as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in NYU!! I'm still at work but my mom called me to tell me the good news!! SO PSYCHED! One of the few times I'm glad my mother snoops through my stuff. I'm hoping to hear from Columbia soon too!

I was wait listed last year I'm so glad to be in this year.

Congrats everyone, I hope we all hear good news and get in somewhere.

I got in NYU!! I'm still at work but my mom called me to tell me the good news!! SO PSYCHED! One of the few times I'm glad my mother snoops through my stuff. I'm hoping to hear from Columbia soon too!

I was wait listed last year I'm so glad to be in this year.

Congrats everyone, I hope we all hear good news and get in somewhere.

Congrats on your acceptance to NYU! I also applied there and am waiting to hear back. But I already got accepted into SUNY Downstate and my heart is pretty much set on it. Those are the only schools I applied to.

Congrats on your acceptance to NYU! I also applied there and am waiting to hear back. But I already got accepted into SUNY Downstate and my heart is pretty much set on it. Those are the only schools I applied to.

Congrats to the both of you ... looking foward to working beside, and bedside :) you one day soon.

- NYU
-Columbia
- Springfield College

Good Luck!

Hey Lindanoche, Have u heard any news from Springfield Coll? At the Info section, I remembering hearing late March/ early April, we would be receiving decision letters...

No I haven't! I already accepted University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. If Springfield accepts me it would take a large grant award to make me sway.

I applied to some other schools they have yet to inform as well. I sorta want a refund from schools if they don't give you a response. I feel it is unfair for us to pay for application fees and not have any feedback.

No I haven't! I already accepted University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. If Springfield accepts me it would take a large grant award to make me sway.

I applied to some other schools they have yet to inform as well. I sorta want a refund from schools if they don't give you a response. I feel it is unfair for us to pay for application fees and not have any feedback.

I'm all about that refund! I've had the same happen with about 3 schools.

I'm all about that refund! I've had the same happen with about 3 schools.

I agree. I am still waiting for five schools. by the way, I got a letter from Springfield college yesterday, I didn't get in. that made my choice clearer..BU all the way. unless something changed my mind.